The Park West Community Association and You
The Park West Community Association (PWCA) is a separate, private, not for profit and nonstock Virginia Corporation. As a Kings Park West Townhomes homeowner, you are automatically a member of PWCA which owns, maintains, and administers the common areas; administers and enforces the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions; and collects and disperses the assessments.
The daily administration work is carried out by Summit Management Services, that takes its direction from the nine-member Board of Directors whose authority is granted in the Association’s governing documents.
Our newsletter, called “Park West Pages” is distributed periodically to all homes. Please take time to read it and stay informed about your community. In addition, the Association maintains an Internet site at www.parkwestcommunity.org.
You, as a homeowner, are responsible for:
- paying quarterly assessments on the 1st day of January, April, July, and October;
- providing Summit Management Services with name and address changes, including any rental information;
- purchasing a Disclosure package from Summit Management Services for the buyer of your house (please note that the governing documents that are posted on the web site are for information purposes only and not intended for disclosure purposes);
- keeping Summit Management Services up-to-date on any problems or concerns on your street;
- understanding and abiding by the Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions and the Architectural Guidelines;
- obtaining and displaying PWCA Parking Permit(s)/Passes as required by the Community’s Parking Permit Program;
- the behavior and conduct of any renters leasing your property with regard to HOA rules and regulations, to include informing those renters of said rules.
As a voting member of the PWCA HOA, you are encouraged to be an informed and involved member of the community by volunteering and/or by attending the regularly scheduled Board of Directors meetings and/or the PWCA’s Annual Meeting each November. Kings Park West is a planned community governed by the PWCA Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, and the PWCA Architectural Guidelines.
The Architectural Control Committee, as part of the Association, reviews applications for any exterior additions or changes to your property such as a deck, screened porch, fence, patio, walkways, removing or adding landscaping, removing trees, etc. and any change in exterior paint or roof colors.
Please refer to the Architectural Guidelines or call Summit Management Services if you have any questions 703-945-1425.