Good morning! Just a few quick items for you as I sit on my deck enjoying the gorgeous weather. Please find the latest information below.
Direct Pool Sign-In Link:
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. POOL OPERATING HOURS. While the water will be a little chilly, you still have two days to enjoy the sun on the pool deck! As with each end-of-season, we could use some help in storing furniture on Sunday and accomplishing other required actions throughout this weekend. Please contact either firstname.lastname@example.org or myself if you’d like to
take on or assist in any of these actions.
Saturday, September 11: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Sunday, September 12: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Sunday, September 12: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM Puppy Plunge – no humans
allowed in the pool during this last hour.
2. PUPPY PLUNGE; SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 12, 2021; 6:00 PM; POOL. TOMORROW, our inaugural Puppy Plunge will finally occur! Attached/linked to this message are two documents for your review and for those wanting to attend with their dogs, to take action on. Key item to remember is to bring proof of the 2021 Fairfax County dog license with you. This can either be the current tag or the current receipt from the County. The license will be returned to you after review. You will also need to sign the agreement prior to entering the pool deck with your dog. We will have two dog egress locations (the permanent steps and a temporary dog ramp) in the main pool. The main pool and the wading pool will both be available for your dogs’ enjoyment during this hour.
3. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; September 21, 2021; 7:00 PM; Virtual. The September board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2021), then the meeting (20210921). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
4. POOL PARKING LOT STREET LIGHT OUTAGE. We are aware of the parking lot light outage. Dominion is working the issue – the current plan is to replace the current metal-halide bulb with an LED lamp assembly.
5. COMMON GROUND UPCOMING WORK. For your situational awareness, fall turf maintenance actions are scheduled to begin next week. You’ll be seeing crews spreading topsoil and seed in various locations throughout the community. We’re starting earlier this year to give the seed a chance to root in before the leaf cleanups start next month. You’ll also see fertilization, erosion control work, retaining wall work, and general crew days in the near-term.
6. ANNUAL MEETING – CALL FOR NOMINATIONS. With our Annual Meeting coming up in November we attached a nomination form in the August 2021 newsletter. Each year three of our nine member Board of Directors are up for election. Please consider submitting your name for consideration by the membership. If that seems to large a step, consider volunteering for any one of our committees. I KNOW they’d be happy for any assistance you could provide.
Thank you for reading this, enjoy the weekend while also remember those we lost during the events that occurred 20 years ago.