Good afternoon. Been a while since my last message so several updates and new items for you today.
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
2022 Pool Pass Application:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdp-fvgL5b3sy2SPgKBdgLC0VAjDU34Y/view
2022 Pool Season Documents:https://parkwestcommunity.org/pool/
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources:https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance:http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness:https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. POOL OPERATIONS THROUGH THE END-OF-SEASON. Kudos to our pool management company as they have been able to keep the pool staffed for full operations since the start of the school year. This weekend we will be open until 9:00PM this evening, from 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Sunday, and from 10:00 AM to 8:00 PM on Monday as that’s the Labor Day holiday. We will be closed throughout the week and re-open on Saturday, September 10, 2022 from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM and Sunday, September 11, 2022 from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM. On September 11, 2022 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM will be the annual Puppy Plunge – no humans allowed in the pool during this last hour of the season. The bathrooms will be for emergency use only starting at 4:00 PM on Sunday September 11th as we begin staging furniture in both of the bathrooms.
2. TREE WORK, SPRING 2022 REQUIREMENTS. The tree removals planned for Spring 2022 were completed yesterday, September 2nd. Thank you to those residents impacted by the long-duration event.
3. YARD WASTE COLLECTION; WEDNESDAYS THROUGH DECEMBER 2022. Thank you to those who have been placing out their yard waste on Wednesdays. It turns out I jumped the gun a little the first week so we didn’t have a collection on August 24th. Not sure what occurred on August 31st but I did inform Patriot of the missed pickup and yard waste was collected on Friday. We should be good to go for Wednesdays through the end of the season as defined by Fairfax County. All yard waste requirements and constraints are in effect as normal. REMINDER – they WILL NOT pick up yard waste in plastic bags. Use paper bags or containers labeled ‘YARD WASTE’.
4. END OF SUMMER SOCIAL; SEPTEMBER 10, 2022, 5:00PM, POOL. We are combining the Chili Cook-off, Labor Day Potluck, Halloween Fest, and Annual Meeting support events into one final social for the season. As we have experienced with our previous catered events we will execute under the same catered-event principle at a smaller scale. Please consider coming to mark the end of a successful summer pool season!
5. POOL FURNITURE STORAGE; SEPTEMBER 11, 2022; 4:00PM; POOL DECK. We will store our furniture for the 2022-2023 off-season starting at this time. If you can please consider giving us a few hours of your time to get our pool ready for the off-season. REMINDER – the bathrooms will be for emergency use only starting at 4:00 PM on Sunday September 11th as we will open every door to stage our furniture in both of the bathrooms.
6. PUPPY PLUNGE; SEPTEMBER 11, 2022; 6:00PM; POOL. Please review the rules for this event. Bring proof of your 2022 Fairfax County dog license with you. This can either be the current tag or the current receipt from the County. The tag or receipt will be returned to you after review. You will also need to sign the Puppy Plunge Agreement prior to entering the pool deck with your dog. We will have two dog egress locations (the permanent steps and a temporary dog ramp) in the main pool. The main pool and the wading pool will both be available for your dogs’ enjoyment during the 6:00 PM-7:00 PM hour.
7. FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING; TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2022; 7:00PM; VIRTUAL. The September 2022 Finance Committee Meeting will focus on a review of the 2023 PWCA Budget in preparation for the Board discussion on September 20, 2022. Please attend to discuss the future orientation of the Association in consonance with the Governing Documents as articulated through our Strategic Plan. Please see the September 2022 Board of Directors Meeting document #01-1 for information to join the meeting.
8. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2022; 7:00PM; VIRTUAL. The September board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20220920). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
9. BLOCK CAPTAIN IDENTIFIED. The lower CPR even addresses side has received a name to begin the role of block captain. Please see the website for updated details of all current block captains.
10. ELECTRONIC CONSENT FORMS. For Owners/Members of the Association who may not know, electronic consent forms provide the Association the ability to send certain communications to you electronically only, thereby saving us the cost of printing and mailing those documents. The form is available on our website within Policy Resolution 17-04 and in the August newsletter.
11. ANNUAL MEETING – CALL FOR NOMINATIONS. In preparation for our Annual Meeting in November we attached a nomination form in the August newsletter. At each Annual Meeting there are three of our nine-member Board of Directors are up for election. Please consider submitting your name for consideration by the membership. If that seems to large a step, consider volunteering for any one of our committees. I KNOW they’d be happy for any assistance you could provide.
12. TRASH AND RECYCLING. We included the current synopsized trash and recycling rules in the August newsletter. With the turnover to new tenants and owners, if everyone could review the rules we would greatly appreciate it. We are starting to have items placed out that require advance notice to Patriot. Some of these items carry a charge for disposal. If you have items to dispose of please be considerate to your neighbors and to the community and take the responsibility to get rid of such items correctly.
13. PARKING. Once again I thought I’d give y’all my thoughts on parking as the George Mason year is still young. #1 – When parking in any curb-side parking ensure both your front and rear wheels are on the concrete gutter. #2 – Do not park in any yellow painted curbs, nor any white painted curbs during any snow-emergency designated times by the Association. #3 – The entire community (assigned and unassigned spaces) is permit parking only – have a permit in your vehicle or risk the vehicle being towed. #4 – If you are parked in any visitor space or at any curb-side parking, remember to move your vehicle every week, after ten days your vehicle is subject to towing. #5 – No parking or storage of any vehicles (e.g. trailers, motorcycles) on common areas. #6 – no parking at the pool parking lot unless actively using the pool or upon approval from the Association. If you have questions or need more information, please review the Community Rules on our website.
Enjoy the long weekend!