Chair: Matt Strain
Details of the ECC Rules may be found by clicking HERE.
All waste is to be placed out no earlier than 6PM the day before collection listed below (see rules and regulations for official procedures or for a summary please click HERE .
Trash Collection: Tuesday and Fridays
Yard Waste: Tuesday and Friday (March through December)
Household Hazardous Waste: see link for information.
Paint Disposal: see link for information.
Special Item Pickup: see link for information.
- The Fairfax County Curbside Recycling Chart (PDF) with detailed photographs of what can and cannot be placed at the curb can should be reviewed by residents for recycling.
- PWCA urges residents to self-manage small yard debris by recycling it in their own back yards through composting and grass cycling (leaving grass clippings on the lawn).
- If you have leftover latex paints that can’t be recycled, reused or stored, pour the paints into a box with shredded paper or kitty litter, allow it to solidify away from kids or pets, then discard in the trash. As an alternative, you may pour leftover paint onto newspaper. Once it dries, roll up the newspaper and dispose of it in the trash. Further information may be found at http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpwes/trash/disphhw.htm.
- The Environmental Committee urges residents not to dispose of large debris in wooded common areas. The excess debris clutters these areas and suffocates the plants that grow there naturally. To dispose of large branches, please follow the Environmental Guidelines hyperlinked above.
- During each year, Fairfax County sponsors a document shredding event in each district. Usually the events occur between March and October of each year. Please select the following link for current information.
For seasonal information, click HERE.