Good afternoon. For your review:
PWCA Parking Link:https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
2022 Pool Pass Application:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdp-fvgL5b3sy2SPgKBdgLC0VAjDU34Y/view
2022 Pool Season Documents:https://parkwestcommunity.org/pool/
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources:https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance:http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness:https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. POOL PASS DISTRIBUTION. Now occurs individually with the Pool Chair – please contact the Pool Committee email address for specifics. See the board packets and pool section of our website for current information on residences with passes available for pickup.
2. PLAYGROUND WORK, MONDAY, JULY 18, 2022 THROUGH FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 2022. We will start the delayed replacement of the edge walls surrounding the playground on Monday. The edge wall installation is planned for two weeks. Following the edge wall installation a certified safety surface of loose fill engineered wood fiber will be blown in over the existing rubber mulch. Please do not use the playground (or basketball court) during this timeframe. See the monthly meeting minutes for further information.
3. BASKETBALL COURT CLOSURE, MONDAY, JULY 18, 2022 THROUGH FRIDAY, AUGUST 5, 2022. The basketball court will be closed for the duration of the playground project.
4. TREE WORK; JULY 19 THROUGH 21, 2022. The tree removal impacting portions of Malone Court and Gainsborough Drive is planned to continue from Tuesday through Thursday of next week, weather and schedule permitting.
5. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, JULY 19, 2022; 7:00PM. The July board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20220719). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
6. REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEER TO LEAD NATIONAL NIGHT OUT, AUGUST 2, 2022. We do not currently have a volunteer to lead any type of National Night Out activity this year. This event is relatively simple to lead. We need a volunteer no later than July 20th to place our name in the request list for fire and police equipment to stop by the pool parking lot during the activity window. It’s been a fun event for our children in years past – please consider volunteering.
7. REQUEST FOR BLOCK CAPTAIN. One of our long-serving Block Captains has retired and moved out of the area. The lower Carriagepark Road (4800-even addresses) is currently without a Block Captain. If you live in one of these residences (4800 through 4870 Carriagepark Road) please consider submitting your name forward to the Hospitality Committee at email@example.com.
8. STREET LIGHTS. All street lights are operational. Reminder – we don’t always know when street lights malfunction so please let the Streets and Sidewalks Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org know if you notice something. Street light status may also be found in the board packets.
9. POOL INFORMATION. We are allowing residents to reserve portions of the pool deck during this season. Please contact the Pool Committee for assistance regarding scheduling and cost. There is no gas grill available for use this season – please do not plan to utilize one during your pool visits.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!