Good afternoon. Please see below for items for your review.
PWCA Website: https://parkwestcommunity.org/
PWCA Meeting Packets: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UQIfzyb72xFD9Y7_mshcRNVRE5wv8m5h?usp=share_link
Parking Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
Quarterly Assessment Timeline: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LpwaIZ5NVobKPDzCmuTnOy20KcwpxXXg?usp=share_link
2022 – 2023 Snow Removal Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gtAkDqOQlg3InT0bmEnm6rrHYRaQrdnr/view?usp=sharing
2023 Pool Application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X5vE-ynAfWoDrMIIYwTpEgVq7obm8MtE/view?usp=share_link
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. MLK DAY OF SERVICE REVIEW. Thank you to those who participated in the day of service! Not sure if any of our residents went down to Rabbit Branch Park but a team of 8 people from other parts of Kings Park West crossed Roberts Road and helped me cleanup our naturalized area located behind the pool house. We collected multiple bags of trash from the stream bed and surrounding area. To all those who showed up – appreciate your efforts!
2. TREE AND GROUNDS CARE WORK. The 2022 Bartlett Crew Day just finished – they worked on multiple , but not all, of the areas marked out for them. The remaining areas will roll over to future work on the property. DCP-tasked Fall 2022 Tree Removal work remains ongoing and is awaiting colder or drier weather to reduce impact to the turf where they will be operating. The Spring 2023 Arbor Care work will occur over the next two months.
3. FEBRUARY 2023 NEWSLETTER. The latest edition of the Park West Pages is published and available on our website. If you would like a hard copy there will be a limited number available for pickup from either the Communications Committee or the Hospitality Committee once they are printed by our vendor.
4. ENVIRONMENT SUB-COMMITTEE MEETING, FEBRUARY 13, 2023; 6:30PM; VIRTUAL; FOCUSED ON 2023 TRASH AND RECYCLING COLLECTION CHANGES. Effective January 1st, all bulk and/or special items incur a fee for pickup. The Environmental Control Committee sub-group will initially meet as specified above to address changes to our pickup rules to minimize impact to the Association. As a reminder – based on the 2022 bulk-item analysis I anticipate up to $20,000 non-budgeted Association impacts based on non-attributable bulk item pickups without changes to our current rules. I advocated for pickup in front of homes at the Annual Meeting which was met with pushback from individuals who lived through the last implementation of this policy. As such I’ll leave it to the sub-committee to bring up new solutions but without changes to our rules our Members should anticipate increases in costs based on historical trends. Just one of the bulk dumps from May 2022 would of cost us more than $1,100 dollars – and that was one of many bulk dumps that occurred throughout our community. Our trash crew elected to take all the items from that dump so we were lucky on that pickup. I’d like to get whatever trials we want to start initiated by March 2023….
5. FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING; TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 14, 2023; 7:00PM; VIRTUAL. The February 2023 Finance Committee Meeting will focus on the re-rolling of maturing CDs in our fund ladders.
6. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2023; 7:00PM; VIRTUAL. The February board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2023), then the meeting (02 – 20230221). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
7. POOL SEASON, 2023. We are less than 4 months away from our pool opening for the season. The February newsletter contains the Pool Application and it may be found on our website. See link listed above. We are also planning to make available an online form this season but it is not ready yet – I’ll inform you once it’s available.
8. RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANGTAG) RENEWALS. Our annual owner guest (“hangtag”) permit renewal will occur in April 2023. See the newsletter for additional information. Specific dates will be disseminated after the February Board Meeting. Owners with questions may call or email the Parking Committee Chair for further information.
I hope you are enjoying this warmer-than-normal season. Don’t let your guard down but the trees and daffodils are already readying for Spring arrivals…