Good morning. Please see below for several items for your review.
PWCA Website: https://parkwestcommunity.org/
PWCA Meeting Packets: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UQIfzyb72xFD9Y7_mshcRNVRE5wv8m5h?usp=share_link
Parking Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
Quarterly Assessment Timeline: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LpwaIZ5NVobKPDzCmuTnOy20KcwpxXXg?usp=share_link
Trash and Recycling Information: https://parkwestcommunity.org/our-environment/
Director Application for Candidacy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnn33EERkBdAG-qMTEiiV4PWyHv3BnxJ/view
2023 – 2024 Snow Removal Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gtAkDqOQlg3InT0bmEnm6rrHYRaQrdnr/view?usp=sharing
2024 Annual Assessment Notice and Timeline: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1QxBqENaj8L2i8worak-rQyBrnLPSp6GB?usp=drive_link
1. 2023 ANNUAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION, SYNOPSIS. The Annual Meeting was held on November 14th at St. Mary of Sorrows Church (the Parish Center) in a parallel in-person/virtual format. My thanks to those who physically attended the meeting. Stephen Lubore and Kevin Murphy were elected for another three-year term of office while the third position is currently open. Marguerite Wiese was appointed as the 2023-2024 Nominating Committee Chair. See the website for the meeting slide deck and other supporting documentation. The draft Annual Meeting minutes will be posted to the website after being provisionally approved by the Directors at the December Board of Directors meeting
2. POOL HOUSE HOLIDAY LIGHTING SETUP; SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2023; 10:00AM; POOL PARKING LOT. In preparation for the social occurring at 5:00pm that evening, we need some volunteers to come help set up the lights on the pool house and fence. If you are interested please email me – I’d like to get the lights set up earlier in the week in case there are complications with the setup. At a minimum setup will occur at 10:00AM – possibly the entire setup if we cannot determine any dates and times in advance. Without volunteers to accomplish the setup it’ll be a strange social that evening…..
3. HOLIDAY TREE LIGHTING SOCIAL; SATURDAY, DECEMBER 2, 2023; 5:00PM; POOL PARKING LOT. Please come enjoy the start of our holiday season at the pool parking lot. If you’d like, please consider adding an ornament or two to the tree we have on Saturday afternoon (or once the tree has it’s lights installed). Limited refreshments will be provided. Please contact the Social Committee if you’d like to help with this event.
4. TREE AND GROUNDS CARE WORK. Colonial Pipeline has completed the easement pruning and removal work with the exception of one tree that will be dropped within a naturalized area. We just completed the planting of eleven trees at four locations around the community with one additional transplant to follow. Pruning and removal work will occur over the next several months. The third leaf removal visit will occur through the end of this week. Both tree care and grounds care crew days will also occur during the month of December. End result – you will be seeing different types of crews and vehicles throughout the community through the end of December so please keep that in mind as you walk, ride or drive through our community.
5. HOLIDAY TEMPORARY PARKING REQUESTS – AS SOON AS POSSIBLE BUT NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, DECEMBER 17,2023. Please provide your temporary parking permit requests as soon as possible for visitors you may have through the New Year. We would like to provide our volunteers who create those passes for you the time to spend with their families and several of them are departing the local area during the holiday weeks so you will not have them as assets. Please see the website for a current list of parking officials – link provided in the permanent links above. If you miss the deadline listed above, have patience as it will probably take longer to generate passes for you.
6. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2023; 7:00 PM; VIRTUAL. The monthly board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. For the virtual meeting information, see the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2023), then the meeting (20231219). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
7. YARD DEBRIS COLLECTION, FINAL 2023 COLLECTION OCCURS DECEMBER 20, 2023. The final yard debris pickup for 2023 will occur December 20, 2023. Yard Debris collection will resume on March 6, 2024.
8. HOLIDAY TRASH, RECYCLING, AND CHRISTMAS TREE PICKUP/YARD WASTE SCHEDULE. Each trash or recycling day will change for the weeks of Christmas and New Years. All pickups are delayed one day for those two weeks. See below for specific dates.
- CHRISTMAS WEEK:
- Wednesday, December 27, 2023: Trash Pickup #1
- Thursday, December 28, 2023: Recycling Pickup
- Saturday, December 30, 2023: Trash Pickup #2
- NEW YEARS WEEK:
- Wednesday, January 3, 2024: Trash Pickup #1
- Thursday, January 4, 2024: Recycling Pickup and Christmas Tree Collection #1
- Saturday, January 6, 2024: Trash Pickup #2
Christmas trees will be collected on THURSDAY during the first week of January and on WEDNESDAY (January 10, 2024) during the second week of January. All trees must be placed on the curb with all tinsel/decorations removed and trees should not be placed in plastics bags. See the website for further details.
9. 2024 ANNUAL ASSESSMENT NOTICE AND ASSESSMENT TIMELINE. As presented at the Annual Meeting, the Annual Assessment for 2024 will increase to $440.00 per quarter due on the first day of each quarterly assessment period. The 2024 Assessment Notice and the Quarterly Assessment Timeline have been mailed/emailed to you and may also be found on the website – link provided above in the Seasonal Links section.
10. OCTOBER 2023 COMMUNITY RULES. The updated Rules may be found on the website under the ‘Rules and Regulations’ sub-page. New residents to our community receive a copy when they are getting their initial set of parking permits. If you would like to have a hard copy of the Rules and are not a new resident, please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org to coordinate a time to receive a copy.
11. COMMUNITY SECURITY. With the holiday season upon us please remember to secure your packages, vehicles and homes. Keep your assets locked and thereby prevent a thief from having an easy opportunity. As a reminder, if any out-of-the-ordinary events occur or if you are concerned for your safety or security please call the Police non-emergency number at (703) 691-2131 to report the occurrence or incident – or 911 in an emergency. Finally, please consider leaving your porch lights on throughout the night.
12. COLD WEATHER PREPARATION. Check the November newsletter for an article on this important subject. Each year there are challenges faced by homeowners – consider taking the identified steps to take to be prepared for winter and limit potential damage to your home. The PWCA snow policy is posted on the website and is linked above in the Seasonal Links section; please read and understand it before any snow emergency might be declared for the Community. If/when snow or ice storms occur all residents are requested to shovel and de-ice the sidewalks in front of your home. Help your neighbors and your community by assisting others if needed, clearing around fire hydrants, and clearing the mail boxes
13. OWNER ACCOUNT PORTAL. As I’ve had a couple of questions on this – each owner has the ability to access their account through a portal Summit Management offers. To access the portal, please go to our website and select the ‘Living in PWCA’ tab. Scroll down the page to the button ‘Vantaca Owner Login’. If you have not already done so, Vantaca will prompt you to create a login. Once you login you’ll be able to access your owner information to include the status of your account. This also provides an avenue to pay any balances due on the account.
14. BRADDOCK ROAD STOP SIGN AND MESSAGE BOARD, POOL PARKING LOT STOP SIGN. No change in status but we have not forgotten about these items. We have started the replacement work for the stop sign and assessment of the message board with our local contractor. Dominion is not open to installing any kind of protection system for the distribution box so we are proceeding with the stop sign replacement as located in the past at the Braddock Road and Carriagepark Road intersection.
Enjoy your day – while it continues to be cold we are in store for a warming trend over the weekend – hope to see you at the setup and at the social this Saturday!