Good evening. Please find listed below several updates for you.
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
UPDATED INFORMATION ITEMS:
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, MARCH 16, 2021, 7:00PM. The March board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2021), then the meeting (20210316). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
- YARD WASTE COLLECTION. Yard Waste is once again being picked up separately for us on Tuesday and Friday. Fairfax County has begun fining trash contractors that bring plastic bags in with yard waste. If you place yard waste out, please follow the rules we have listed on the website for such disposals – see below for the ongoing information.
- SPRING 2021 ARBOR CARE WORK. Our winter/early spring tree work is ongoing. Parking spaces impacted will receive notices concerning specific dates and times. Curb parking impacted will be marked.
- POOL INFORMATION. Pool applications were sent out with the newsletter and we are already seeing them start to be returned. Thank you to those who have responded, we appreciate your early response. Further information to follow on pool operations for the upcoming season. Repairs are ongoing at the wading pool to prepare for the season. Once those repairs are complete both pools will get a new white coat. Expect to see work ongoing at the pool from now on both to conduct the repairs and maintenance and prepare for the season.
- LEAVES: If you have not taken care of the leaves in your front yards please do so. Help keep our community more neat and most probably, your neighbors more happy.
- SPRING 2021 ACC INSPECTION, DELAYED TO SATURDAY, MAY 15, 2021. Due to the anticipated COVID-19 vaccination schedule we are postponing the Spring Home Inspection till May. Further information to follow.
- RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANG TAG) RENEWALS. Also in light of the anticipated COVID-19 vaccination schedule we have postponed the hang tag distribution to mid-May. Again, further information to follow along with a post card to each owner in mid-April. Tenants – you are NOT impacted by this distribution – your hang-tag expiration corresponds to the date your current lease expires.
UNCHANGED (OR MARGINALLY UPDATED) INFORMATION:
- ACC: All rules remain in effect. Out-of-cycle ACC violation processes are ongoing. The Spring 2021 Home Inspection will occur in May. See the Community Rules Section 2 for information.
- COMMUNICATIONS: The February/March 2021 newsletter is published on the website. This edition is digital-only due to the COVID-19 impacts – if you need a hard copy please contact email@example.com.
- ECC: All rules remain in effect. See the Community Rules Section 3 for information.
3.1. BULK WASTE PICKUP. Advanced notice is required for any bulk item pickup. Fees will be increased slightly to cover the additional handling costs due to COVID-19. Bulk items include furniture, mattresses, appliances, grills, exercise equipment, construction debris,
or any other large item that would normally be collected with a rear-load trash truck. See the Special Item Pickup Rules in the ‘Living in PWCA’ tab of the website.
3.2. GLASS RECYCLING (PURPLE CONTAINERS): Glass recycling has resumed and the purple recycling containers are throughout Fairfax County.
3.3. RECYCLING AND TRASH. Should you see someone placing trash or recycling out at an unauthorized time, feel free to take their picture (to include the residence they are coming from/returning to) and email the pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Community Rules Section 3.4 through 3.10 for information.
3.3.1 TRASH. Collected on TUESDAY and FRIDAY. Black bags or trash containers should be placed out no earlier than 6:00 PM on Monday evening and Thursday evening, no later than 6:00 AM on Tuesday morning and Friday morning.
3.3.2 RECYCLING. Collected on WEDNESDAY. Recycling containers and flattened cardboard should be placed out no earlier than 6:00 PM on Tuesday evening and no later than 6:00 AM on Wednesday morning.
3.4. YARD DEBRIS PICKUP. Yard Debris is picked up on TUESDAY and FRIDAY in a specific yard debris truck. All yard waste requirements and constraints are in effect as normal. See the Community Rules Section 3.7 for information.
3.5. TOT LOT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the playground was opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
3.6. BASKETBALL COURT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the basketball court was opened effective 17 June 2020. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Users must stay ten (10) feet apart.
3.7. LENDING LIBRARY PATIO. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the patio itself was opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
3.8. LENDING LIBRARY (CLOSED). In accordance with Phase 3 of the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the Library remains CLOSED due to the restrictions on shared equipment.
3.9. COMMON AREAS. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the common areas were opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
- PARKING. All rules remain in effect. The Resident Owner and Non-Resident Owner Parking Permit (Hangtag) Renewals for 2021 are planned for mid-May. See the Community Rules Section 4 for information.
- SOCIAL. 2021 planned events will be assessed for viability based on pandemic guidance issued through the state and county.
- COMMUNITY SUPPORT REQUEST. This request remains active – thank you to those who have responded so far.
Stay safe and well,