Good afternoon. Please see below for several items for your review.
PWCA Website: https://parkwestcommunity.org/
Parking Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
2022 Annual Meeting Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C4WkBigeD5kMYNh4Cvt8d1PvFUWZCPkV?usp=sharing
Director Application for Candidacy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnn33EERkBdAG-qMTEiiV4PWyHv3BnxJ/view
2022 – 2023 Snow Removal Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gtAkDqOQlg3InT0bmEnm6rrHYRaQrdnr/view?usp=sharing
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. ROAD RAIDERS COMMUNITY CLEANUP ACTIVITY; SATURDAY, OCTOBER 8, 2022, 8:00AM; ROBERTS ROAD AND COLLINGHAM DRIVE INTERSECTION. The broader community also accomplishes cleanup events oriented at specific areas of the nearby King Park West community led by the volunteer group Road Raiders. Here is the information for tomorrow morning’s event from Tom McCook: “I hope you can join us on Saturday morning, 8-8.30AM at Roberts and Collingham intersection (just south of Commonwealth). Our intention is to improve the walkability of the sidewalks on Roberts, by cutting the grass in the VDOT property areas, edging the sidewalks, removing other landscaping that impedes the area for walking. Plus, of course – we’ll collect trash & plastic wastes where we see it. Tools requested: Lawnmowers, edger/ weed wackers and loppers (bush trimming cutting tools). I’ll bring plastic trash bags and work (cotton) work gloves. Please be prepared to walk amidst the tall grass areas (long pants & boots recommended)
2. TREE WORK. We are finishing the final parts of the Spring 2022 remediation work. We also had additional storm damage occur during the last few weeks. Finally, the Fall 2022 work is being finalized and Spring 2023 work scoped.
3. FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING; TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2022; 7:00PM; VIRTUAL. This Finance Committee Meeting will focus on a final review of the 2023 PWCA Budget in preparation for the Board approval of the 2023 budget on October 18, 2022. Please attend to discuss the future orientation of the Association in consonance with the Governing Documents as articulated through our Strategic Plan. Please see the September or October 2022 Board of Directors Meeting document #01-1 for the link to to the virtual meeting.
4. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2022; 7:00PM; VIRTUAL. This month’s board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20221018). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
5. ELECTRONIC CONSENT FORMS. For Owners/Members of the Association who may not know, electronic consent forms provide the Association the ability to send certain communications to you electronically only, thereby saving us the cost of printing and mailing those documents. The form is available on our website within Policy Resolution 17-04 and in the August newsletter.
6. ANNUAL MEETING – CALL FOR NOMINATIONS. In preparation for our Annual Meeting in November we attached a nomination form in the August newsletter. At each Annual Meeting there are three of our nine-member Board of Directors are up for election. Please consider submitting your name for consideration by the membership. If that seems to large a step, consider volunteering for any one of our committees. I KNOW they’d be happy for any assistance you could provide.
7. OWNER ACCOUNT PORTAL. As I’ve had a couple of questions on this – each owner has the ability to access their account through a portal Summit Management offers. To access the portal, please go to our website and select the ‘Living in PWCA’ tab. Scroll down the page to the button ‘Vantaca Owner Login’. If you have not already done so, Vantaca will prompt you to create a login. Once you login you’ll be able to access your owner information to include the status of your account. This also provides an avenue to pay any balances due on the account.
Enjoy the long weekend!