Good evening. Please see below for several items for your review.
PWCA Website: https://parkwestcommunity.org/
Parking Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
2022 Annual Meeting Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C4WkBigeD5kMYNh4Cvt8d1PvFUWZCPkV?usp=sharing
2022 – 2023 Snow Removal Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gtAkDqOQlg3InT0bmEnm6rrHYRaQrdnr/view?usp=sharing
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. TREE AND GROUNDS CARE WORK. There are numerous projects going on between the Fall 2022 Arbor Care Work (pruning work finished, removal work ongoing), leaf removals (next multi-day removal visit will occur next week), grounds crew days (November 16th and 17th and two more in December), and a Bartlett Crew Day (December 15th). You will be seeing different types of crews and vehicles throughout the community through the end of December so please keep that in mind as you walk, ride or drive through our community.
2. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2022; 6:30PM; ST MARY OF SORROWS CHURCH (PARISH CENTER) AND VIRTUAL. The Parish Center is located at 5222 Sideburn Road. There will be signs to guide you to the room for the meeting. This month’s board meeting will be conducted in an abbreviated manner before the Annual Meeting later that night. The meeting will be available as usual via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. For the virtual meeting information, see the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20221115), and finally select “BoD”. Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
3. 2022 ANNUAL MEETING OF THE MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION; TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2022; 8:00PM; ST MARY OF SORROWS CHURCH (PARISH CENTER) AND VIRTUAL. The Parish Center is located at 5222 Sideburn Road. There will be signs to guide you to the room for the meeting. All documents have been either electronically or physically mailed to Members of the Association. Those documents may also be found on the website. The meeting will be available virtually in the same manner as our monthly Board of Director meetings via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. For the virtual meeting information, see the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20221115), and finally select “Annual”. The document “2022 Annual Meeting, Virtual Meeting Information” contains the information to join the meeting. If you are a renter residing in our community please feel free to attend – you’ll receive a report of what has been accomplished in the last year and where we are going over the next year. There will be some limited refreshments available for all attendees.
4. 2022 PROXY FORMS, PLEASE RETURN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. For our Owners (Members), if you have not yet completed your proxy form please do so – even if you plan to attend the meeting. If you do attend you will have the option to leave your proxy in place or vote at the meeting. As a reminder – arrears in excess of $30 preclude you from voting. If you are unsure your financial status with the Association you can log-in to the Vantaca portal from our website. See the “Owner Account Portal” item below for additional information.
5. ELECTRONIC CONSENT FORMS. For Owners/Members of the Association who may not know, electronic consent forms provide the Association the ability to send certain communications to you electronically only, thereby saving us the cost of printing and mailing those documents. The form is available on our website within Policy Resolution 17-04 and in the November 2022 newsletter.
6. POOL HOUSE HOLIDAY LIGHTING SETUP; SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2022; 10:00AM; POOL PARKING LOT. In preparation for the social occurring at 5:00pm that evening, we need some volunteers to come help set up the lights on the pool house and fence. If you are interested please email me – I’d like to get the lights set up earlier in the week in case there are complications with the setup. At a minimum final setup will occur at 10:00AM – possible the entire setup if we cannot determine any dates and times in advance of this setup event.
7. HOLIDAY TREE LIGHTING SOCIAL; SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3, 2022; 5:00PM; POOL PARKING LOT. Please come enjoy the start of our holiday season at the pool parking lot. If you’d like, please consider adding an ornament or two to the one tree we have remaining on Saturday afternoon (or once the tree has it’s lights installed). Limited refreshments will be provided. Please contact the Social Committee if you’d like to help with this event.
8. OWNER ACCOUNT PORTAL. Each owner has the ability to access their account through a portal Summit Management offers. To access the portal, please go to our website and select the ‘Living in PWCA’ tab. Scroll down the page to the button ‘Vantaca Owner Login’. If you have not already done so, Vantaca will prompt you to create a login. Once you login you’ll be able to access your owner information to include the status of your account. This also provides an avenue to pay any balances due on the account.
9. COMMUNITY SECURITY. We had a couple of vehicles that were rummaged through last night. If you discover your vehicle has been impacted, please call the Police non-emergency number (703) 691-2131 to report the break-in. If any other out-of-the-ordinary events occur and you are concerned for your safety or security please call that number also to report the occurrence or incident. While we advertise a Neighborhood Watch on our signs there has been a lack of interest in the past to actually set one up. If you are interested in participating please let me know. If we have sufficient interest we will restart the process with the County but not before we see sufficient volunteers to make the effort worthwhile. As always, please consider leaving your porch lights on throughout the night, remember to lock your vehicle and residence doors (remember the patio and deck doors…), and notify the non-emergency number should you experience some kind of security event in the future.
10. NEWSLETTER. The November 2022 edition of the Park West Pages has been published and is available on our website. We will have limited copies available at the Annual Meeting if you’d like a paper copy. Alternatively, you may also contact email@example.com to request a copy.
In honor of Veterans Day – please take a moment to recognize the sacrifice our service members have and continue to offer in service to the ideals of our great country.