Good afternoon to all:
As I’m sure most of you know by now, our Governor has issued a stay-at-home order effective immediately. This order is in effect through June 10 and may be extended or rescinded by another executive order.
As currently reported, Fairfax County and Fairfax City have 2 of the 25 deaths and 225 of the 1,020 cases (positive test results) in the state. This cases number includes 37 additional cases reported today.
See http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/ for state-wide analysis and guidance.
See https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/ for county-specific information and guidance.
ITEMS FOR YOUR AWARENESS:
- ACC SPRING 2020 INSPECTION. Postponed until further notice.
- TOT LOT AND BASKETBALL COURT. Closed until further notice.
- LENDING LIBRARY PATIO. Closed until further notice. All the books that were in the library have been removed and disposed of. Please do not put any of your personal books in the library.
- COMMON AREAS. Closed until further notice.
- YARD WASTE. Collection will occur on April 1st. Collection will then be suspended until further notice. The County requests you mulch your grass.
- BULK TRASH PICKUP. Suspended until further notice. Bulk items include furniture, mattresses, construction debris, or any other large item that would normally be collected with a rear-load trash truck.
- GLASS RECYCLING (PURPLE CONTAINERS) SUPPORT. Suspended until further notice. Containers will be removed from existing locations throughout Fairfax County. Residents can bring glass to containers at the I-66 transfer station or glass can be placed in the trash.
- FAIRFAX COUNTY DOCUMENT SHREDDING EVENTS. Postponed until further notice.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING FOR APRIL (AND MOST PROBABLY MAY) 2020.
Held either by the voice conference bridge as employed during the March meeting or by using one of the online meeting platforms. Specifics are under discussion.
- 2020 EASTER EGG HUNT. Canceled for this year.
- RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANG TAG) RENEWALS. Postponed until further notice.
- POOL INFORMATION. Please continue to hand in your pool applications. Our pool management company continues to prepare for a 2020 pool season – time will tell what will actually occur.
I believe that’s it for now. The county website has a large amount of information – I recommend you review the site.
Stay safe and well,