Good evening. Several items for your consideration on this cool evening.
PWCA Website: https://parkwestcommunity.org/
PWCA Parking Link: https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
2021-2022 Snow Removal Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lOaFObfVAw8u22Q94l4f3VoiVIIrYoG7/view?usp=sharing
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. ROAD RAIDERS CLEANUP EVENT; MARCH 19, 2022; 8AM; 5306 Richardson Drive. From Tom McCook: “Did you know that there is a historical “Fairfax family” cemetery in KPW? Yes, there is and we will improve it this Saturday morning from 8-9AM
https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/library_cemeteries/Cemetery.aspx?number=FX044 by better landscaping, site improvements and cutting back some overgrown bushes. If we have the volunteers, we may improve the headstones in the cemetery per these standards: https://cemeteryconservatorsunitedstandards.org/cleaning/. Additionally, based on the number of volunteers to help, we will improve the path to the Lakeside Park – soccer fields by some minor landscaping and maybe adding mulch to the muddy path near the soccer field shed.” Please see attached file or the link from our website for further information.
2. PWCA COMMUNITY CLEAN-UP EVENT. With Spring upon us the ECC is in the early planning stages for our Spring community cleanup in the next few weeks. Earth Day is April 22nd but we probably won’t be waiting that long to accomplish our cleanup. Please come out to help rid our community of the loose trash that winds up in our naturalized areas. As a reminder, both our events and the Road Raider events do qualify for service hours should anyone need a few hours of civic involvement…..
3. EASTER EGG HUNT; SATURDAY APRIL 16, 2022; 11:00 AM; Tot Lot. Our first social event in a REALLY long time! The event is planned to occur with some modifications from prior events barring any negative trends at the time. The location may have to adjusted depending on any tot lot projects that may be going on concurrently. Children under the age of 12 are invited to participate in the hunt. Volunteers to help set up the event would be greatly appreciated – setup will occur at 9:30AM at or near the Tot Lot.
4. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; APRIL 19, 2022; 7:00PM. The April board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20220419). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
5. SPRING 2022 ACC INSPECTION; SATURDAY, April 30, 2022. Our spring inspection will be here before you know it. Please consider giving some of your time to assist on an inspection team. Further information to follow.
6. TREE WORK. Our Fall 2021 Tree Work and cleanup from the January 2022 storms is complete. We just approved the Spring 2022 Tree Work – I anticipate this work to begin in another month or two. More information to follow.
7. PLAYGROUND WORK. For those who patronize the playground – we will be undertaking replacement of the edge walls in the near-term. Installation timeline is dependent on when the material is delivered to our contractor. You can expect up to two weeks of playground closure during this project. Once the edge walls are replaced we will also be installing a certified safety surface of loose fill engineered wood fiber. Please do not use the playground during this timeframe. More information to follow as the timeline becomes clear.
8. POOL SEASON, 2022. We are just over two (2!) months away from our pool opening for the season. We have had 11 residences submit their application as of today – please complete your applications as soon as practical to give our volunteers time to create the passes in a measured manner. We are creating passes after applications are received to reduce the workload on our volunteers so be aware if you wait too long to submit your application you will not have your passes at the beginning of the season.
9. OPEN DIRECTOR POSITION. Thank you to an owner who has stepped forward to volunteer so far. We still request your consideration to place your name forward to fill open Director positions. We are looking for people who are invested in making a better community for all who reside here. If you are interested please complete and submit an Application for Candidacy that may be found on our website. The Nominating Committee will reach out to you after you complete that step. If you have questions I’m also available to speak with you about more specifics.
10. RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANG TAG) RENEWALS. Our annual owner guest (“hangtag”) permit renewal usually scheduled for April/May 2022 will be deferred to April/May 2023. Owners with concerns or questions may call the Parking Committee Chair for further information.
I hope you enjoy your week, see you around the community!