Good morning and welcome to our final day of 2019!
1. NO RECYCLING PICKUP TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 1st). For New Year’s week the recycling collection will occur on Saturday, January 4th. Christmas tree collection will occur on January 8th and 15th. All tinsel and decorations must be removed and trees SHOULD NOT be placed in plastic bags. See the website for further information.
2. ASPHALT WARRANTY WORK FOR OUR ROADWAYS, THURSDAY OR FRIDAY, 2 or 3 JANUARY 2020. Weather permitting, ProPave will have a crew onsite on Thursday or Friday to complete the warranty crack fill work on the roadways. No vehicles will need to be moved or relocated for this work and the streets will remain accessible. The speed hump replacement on Carriagepark Court will be completed once the snow season has ended.
3. 2020 ASSESSMENT. Thank you to those who have already paid for the quarter (or the year for a significant amount of our owners). For those owners receiving mailed bills – they should have arrived by this time. In any event, the first quarterly payment of $345 is due tomorrow (January 1st). Please see our website (https://parkwestcommunity.org/new-home-buyers-in-pwca/) for payment information.
4. MONTHLY BOARD MEETING, JANUARY 21, 2020, 7:00PM. Please see the website for further information.
5. PARKING. A few reminders to ease some potential challenges for any guests you may have. 1. When parking in any curb-side parking have both your front and rear wheels on the concrete gutter. 2. Do not park at any yellow painted curbs. 3. During snow events do not park at any white painted curbs. 4. The entire community (assigned and unassigned spaces) is permit parking only – have a permit in your vehicle or risk the vehicle being towed. 5. If you are parked in any visitor space or at any curb-side parking, remember to move your vehicle every week, after ten days your vehicle is subject to towing. 6. No parking or storage of any vehicles (e.g. trailers, motorcycles) on common areas, If you have questions or need more information, please review the Community Rules on our website.
All for now, have a safe New Year’s and here’s to an even better 2020!
All – just a reminder.
No recycling collection on Christmas.
Recycling will be collected on Saturday this week and next.
Here’s the last message item I sent out:
2. HOLIDAY TRASH AND RECYCLING SCHEDULE. is found in the newsletter and on our website.
– For Christmas week the recycling collection will occur on Saturday, December 28th.
– For New Year’s week the recycling collection will occur on Saturday, January 4th.
– Christmas tree collection will occur on January 8th and 15th. All tinsel and decorations must be removed and trees SHOULD NOT be placed in plastic bags
Good afternoon to all. As we focus on the holiday season I wanted to
give you quite a few items for your consideration.
- HOLIDAY TEMPORARY PARKING PERMIT REQUESTS. If possible, please get your temporary parking requests in to a Parking Official by December 21st to allow everyone the opportunity to enjoy the holidays. A list of current Parking Officials may be found on our website.
- HOLIDAY TRASH AND RECYCLING SCHEDULE. is found in the newsletter and on our website.
- For Christmas week the recycling collection will occur on Saturday, December 28th.
- For New Year’s week the recycling collection will occur on Saturday, January 4th.
- Christmas tree collection will occur on January 8th and 15th. All tinsel and decorations must be removed and trees SHOULD NOT be placed in plastic bags.
- YARD DEBRIS COLLECTION. The final yard debris pickup occurred today (December 18th) and will resume in the March/April timeframe.
- ASSOCIATION MEETING CANCELLATION POLICY (WEATHER RELATED). To simplify our meeting cancellation policy for these winter months, the Association hereby will follow the Fairfax County Public School determination for a weather cancellation. In a nutshell, if schools are closed then any Association meeting scheduled is also canceled. Specifically, we are closed for the following Conditions: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7. We will also endeavor to send an email blast if meetings are canceled. See the following link for further information: https://www.fcps.edu/resources/safety-and-transportation/weather-cancellation-procedures/inclement-weather-closing.
- JIM MCKEOWN (ProPave Lead) SITUATION. For your awareness, Jim McKeown has been our invaluable lead for the repaving company working in our community the last few years. He experienced a stroke in November. There has been a GoFundMe page set up to assist with the expenses associated with the event and recovery: https://www.gofundme.com/f/jim-mckeown-fund.
- 2019-2020 OFFICERS AND COMMITTEES OF THE ASSOCIATION. At the December 2019 Board of Directors meeting I was re-elected President, Joe Underwood was re-elected Vice President, Steve Lubore was re-elected Treasurer, and Matt Strain was re-elected Secretary. Officers are elected by the Directors for one-year terms at the meeting immediately following the Annual Meeting. For Committees – Marguerite Wiese will be the Nominating Committee Chair for the 2019-2020 term. She also takes over as Co-Chair of the Pool Committee with Rich Juchnewicz. A Budget and Finance Committee has been stood up. All other Committee Chairs remained as previously designated.
- 2020 ASSESSMENT. As a reminder, the 2020 quarterly assessment is due on January 1st and is $345 per quarter for 2020. See our website for further details.
- SOCIAL EVENT SURVEY. We distributed a survey at the annual meeting and received some excellent feedback but we need more responses. The survey is attached or a link provided. Please fill it in and return it to myself, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to email@example.com.
- REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS. Please consider giving some of your time to one of the committees. All of our committees have needs and many of them directly impact your quality of life here in the community. Please consider giving an hour of your time a month to make our community a better place to call home.
- 2019-2020 SNOW REMOVAL POLICY. Please see the website for the document. Reminder, the snow emergency curbs are in effect for the season. Our towing contractor will tow your vehicle if the curbs have been designated a no parking zone during major snow events.
- LEAVES. Lastly, if you have not taken care of the leaves in your front yards please do so. Help keep our community more neat and most probably, your neighbors more happy.
Thank you for taking the time to read this long message – have a safe and fun rest of your year and a great start to 2020!
All, our contractor plans to be back for another leaf removal in the community starting Wednesday afternoon (December 4th) or Thursday morning (December 5th).
Good morning all, welcome to December! A few notes for you on this wet morning….
1. HOLIDAY TREE LIGHTING SOCIAL, SUNDAY, DECEMBER 1st, 5:00PM. We still plan to hold the tree lighting social today. As with last couple of years, please consider adding an ornament or two to the trees. The trees will be lit at or shortly after 5:00PM. For those who are able, we request you to bring holiday cookies down to the social to share with those attending. Some cookies, hot cider and hot chocolate will be provided….along with a few RAFFLE prizes…..
2. NOTICE OF ASSESSMENT AND 2020 QUARTERLY ASSESSMENT TIMELINE. These documents have been either hand delivered, mailed, emailed, or you picked them up at the annual meeting. They may also be found on the website.
3. REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS. The Communications Committee is looking for a volunteer or two to help with the message board updates at both entrances. The Pool and Social Committees are in great need of some additional volunteers to help make the activities they are responsible for a success. My thanks to those who have stepped up to help in the last few months – truly appreciate that. We need some more to try and lessen the load – please consider providing your name to help.
4. SOCIAL EVENT SURVEY. We distributed a survey at the annual meeting and received some excellent feedback. The survey is attached or a link provided. Please fill the survey in and return it to myself, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com.
5. 2019-2020 SNOW REMOVAL POLICY. Please see the website for the document. Reminder, the snow emergency curbs are in effect for the season. Our towing contractor will tow your vehicle if the curbs have been designated a no parking zone during major snow events.
6. DECEMBER 2019 and JANUARY 2020 TRASH AND RECYCLING SCHEDULE. is found in the newsletter and on our website. The final yard waste pickup of the year will be December 18th. On the Christmas and New Year’s weeks recycling collection will occur on SATURDAY. Christmas tree collection will occur on January 8th and 15th.
7. ANNUAL MEETING EXCERPTS: Lastly, here’s a few more items that were briefed at the Annual Meeting. The complete meeting slide deck may be found on the website. #1 – Elections for three Directors occurred. Congratulations to Marguerite Wiese and Joe Underwood for being elected to a new three-year term (I was the third up for election and was also re-elected). #2 – The Ring company has a community discount program available. We will execute that program later in the year as the discounts currently available through Ring and other sellers surpass the community discount. See the slide deck for further information. #3 – we will have a picture repository available to you in the near future. We request your consider uploading community-related activities or just great pictures you snap in the community. Our intent is to generate a repository for both Year in Review slide decks and potentially for other uses to promote our community. #4 – the November 2019 newsletter has been distributed and is available on our website.
Have a great day, hope to see you at the social this early evening!