Good evening. Several items for your consideration on this cool evening.
2021-2022 Snow Removal Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lOaFObfVAw8u22Q94l4f3VoiVIIrYoG7/view?usp=sharing
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; MARCH 15, 2022; 7:00PM. The March board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20220315). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
- EASTER EGG HUNT; SATURDAY APRIL 16, 2022; 11:00 AM; Tot Lot. Our first social event in a REALLY long time! The event is planned to occur with some modifications from prior events barring any negative trends at the time. The location may have to adjusted depending on any tot lot projects that may be going on concurrently. Children under the age of 12 are invited to participate in the hunt. Volunteers to help set up the event would be greatly appreciated – setup will occur at 9:30AM at or near the Tot Lot.
- TREE WORK; TUESDAY 1 March, WEDNESDAY 2 March and FRIDAY 4 March 2022. Both programmed and storm damage work continues. Lower Carriagepark Road (odd-numbered addresses) will have several trees removed on Tuesday and potentially Wednesday (1 and 2 March). Residences and curb parking effected by this work have been identified today. Additionally, Malone Court will have a stump ground during this time. The Pool Parking Lot will be opened at 1900 (7:00PM) on Monday evening for any overflow parking. Vehicles parking in the Pool Parking Lot must comply with all community rules or are subject to tow. Furthermore, another crew will be throughout the community on Friday (4 March 2022) working on other trees, more information to follow on parking impacts for that work.
- TRASH. I find myself having to dwell on this subject far too often. We have had repeated occurrences of owners placing construction debris – or in this case, toilets and shower enclosure walls – out for regular trash pickup. THESE TYPES OF ITEMS ARE SPECIAL PICKUP ITEMS AND MUST BE SCHEDULED WITH PATRIOT. Please see linked or attached to this message documents covering special items, paint disposal, and hazardous waste. THANK YOU to the owner who to it upon himself this morning to dispose of the items left on the Carriagepark Road island. For everyone – if you see someone discarding special items either address them or take their picture along with a picture of them entering their residence and the Association will move forward with communication and any resulting actions.
- POOL SEASON, 2022. We are less than 3 months away from our pool opening for the season. The February newsletter contained the 2022 Pool Application or it may be found on our website. Please complete your applications as soon as practical to give our volunteers time to create the passes in a measured manner.
- OPEN DIRECTOR POSITIONS. Thank you to an owner who has stepped forward to volunteer so far. We still request your consideration to place your name forward to fill open Director positions. We are looking for people who are invested in making a better community for all who reside here. If you are interested please complete and submit an Application for Candidacy that may be found on our website. The Nominating Committee will reach out to you after you complete that step. If you have questions I’m also available to speak with you about more specifics.
- RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANG TAG) RENEWALS. Our annual owner guest (“hangtag”) permit renewal usually scheduled for April/May 2022 will be deferred to April/May 2023. Owners with concerns or questions may call or email the Parking Committee Chair for further information.
- SPRING 2022 ACC INSPECTION; SATURDAY, April 30, 2022. Our spring inspection will be here before you know it. Please consider giving some of your time to assist on an inspection team. Further information to follow.
May your upcoming week be both positive and enjoyable.