Good evening. Several items for your consideration on this rather cold evening.
PWCA Website: https://parkwestcommunity.org/
PWCA Parking Link: https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
2021-2022 Snow Removal Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lOaFObfVAw8u22Q94l4f3VoiVIIrYoG7/view?usp=sharing
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
- POOL HOUSE HOLIDAY LIGHTING PROJECT; SATURDAY; JANUARY 15, 2022; 10:00 AM; Pool Parking Lot. We will be removing the holiday lighting strings from the pool house at this time. Thanks to those who have already volunteered, we could use a couple more volunteers so please consider giving us 30 minutes of your morning to help with the teardown.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; JANUARY 18, 2022; 7:00PM. The monthly board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20220118). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
- STORM DAMAGE CLEANUP. The damage incurred in our community was much less than other communities in the nearby area. A tree crew is currently planned to be in our community starting Thursday; January 13, 2022 to remove and chip and damaged limbs and boughs throughout the community. This of course is both weather and any other more critical tasks jumping in front of us. Reminder, we only remove storm debris up to the fence line of a home unless alternative arrangements have been made in advance with the Association.
- TREE WORK. The already programmed tree work is still planned to occur over the next couple of months. Reserved parking spaces impacted by this work will be notified and non-reserved spaces and curbs marked prior to the commencement of work.
- MLK DAY OF SERVICE; MONDAY; JANUARY 17, 2022; 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM. Please consider giving some time to clean up Rabbit Branch Park. This is the park that adjoins our property on Roberts Road and Tapestry Drive – the meeting location will be on Tapestry Drive at the Rabbit Branch Park sign. Please see below for the invitation.
RABBIT BRANCH PARK
PARKS & LAKE CLEAN-UP
MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 9A-11AM
Meet at 9AM at Rabbit Branch Park, off Tapestry Drive. https://goo.gl/maps/F8tzNL48SmsB7L4V7
Spend two hours discovering nature, clean up this park and improve our community.
Please be prepared to clean up and walk through wooded and potentially wet areas of the park. Please wear boots, work-gloves and appropriate weather related clothing. We will have trash bags to distribute.
We ask that everyone practice appropriate social distancing and wear face coverings (mask/bandanna).
- 2022 ANNUAL ASSESSMENT AND ASSESSMENT TIMELINE. For those who may have forgotten, the first quarter of the 2022 Annual Assessment was due January 1st. The assessment for 2022 is $375.00 per quarter.
- OPEN DIRECTOR POSITIONS. Request your consideration to place your name forward to fill open Director positions. We are looking for people who are invested in making a better community for all who reside here. If you are interested please complete and submit an Application for Candidacy that may be found on our website. The Nominating Committee will reach out to you after you complete that step. If you have questions I’m also available to speak with you about more specifics.
- REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS. The Communications Committee is looking for a volunteer or two to help with the message board updates at both entrances. The Pool and Social Committees are also in great need of some additional volunteers to help make the activities they are responsible for a success – so far we have had had one volunteer step forward to help with the Social Committee – THANK YOU.
Have a great rest of your week and hope you both enjoy and take some time for service on this long weekend.