Good afternoon. Patriot will probably not be able to pick up our trash today due to issues with both personnel and trucks. If the truck does not get to our portion of the route today, please leave your bags and containers at your collection point. Patriot plans to complete the missed routes tomorrow, Saturday, 29 January 2022.
As a reminder – if collection has occurred please do not leave bags or containers at the collection point – just wait for the next pickup.
Good evening to all. We received around 2.5″ here – the official Fairfax amount was 2.65″. Plows were in early this morning and then this afternoon for final cleanup.
TRASH – Patriot will be by either later today or tomorrow for the trash pickup. There’s no need to return your containers or bags to your residence.
Storm debris cleanup – possibly next week for our debris pickup.
TONIGHT – watch out for black ice as the sun melted our snow but the below=freezing temperature is freezing the melt water in place.
Stay safe and warm,
Good evening. I anticipate this to be the final update on this storm in this format. Follow-on information will flow through the routine messages I send out each month.
- Last night a plow truck did make it in and plowed the streets.
- Today had the sun melting away some of the snow.
- Patriot canceled all service today due the inclement weather and resulting road conditions. We’d REALLY appreciate if you brought your bags back to your residences – especially the white bags as they will be damaged by our local wildlife over the next several days.
- We are not anticipating bringing another truck in this evening. Driving and walking in the community will remain treacherous tonight – please be careful if you venture outside tonight.
- RECYCLING: Patriot does not have a notice about tomorrow on their website. For tomorrow’s scheduled recycling service, I would again caution against pulling items to the curb as I’m not sure we will get service tomorrow. Patriot (or the county to all haulers) may cancel due to road conditions again. If you do take items out – please take them back in again if service does not occur.
- FCPS is again closed tomorrow – another reason I’m not confident we are getting recycling collection tomorrow.
As I stated above – I anticipate this is your final update for this weather event. For those with downed boughs and limbs around their properties. We will get our companies in to remove the downed debris however that may take some time due to the widespread damage this storm caused. You are always free to remove any debris that is on your property.
Additionally, we’ve received several requests from owners about people to shovel snow. I know several people were out generating some cash by helping yesterday – I applaud your efforts. If you’d like to be part of a list for potential future work on other’s walkways and such please email me your information.
Have a great evening – stay warm and be careful should you venture out.
All – we have confirmation that trash pickup is canceled for today. If you took bags or containers out yesterday, please bring them back inside your property line
From Patriot Disposal (a portion of the message):
Due to inclement weather and poor road conditions, all scheduled services for today (1/4) have been suspended….
Trash service will resume on your next regularly scheduled trash day and recycling service will resume on your next regularly scheduled recycling day.