Good evening. Please see below for current items for your review.
PWCA Meeting Packets:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UQIfzyb72xFD9Y7_mshcRNVRE5wv8m5h?usp=share_link
Quarterly Assessment Timeline:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LpwaIZ5NVobKPDzCmuTnOy20KcwpxXXg?usp=share_link
2023 Pool Application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X5vE-ynAfWoDrMIIYwTpEgVq7obm8MtE/view?usp=share_link
2023 J&J Individual Home Maintenance Program:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jVoOGfz0pZBZCO78YPB16S6FY–syCk3/view?usp=share_link
2023 Atlantic Pool Service Lifeguard Employment Flier:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1niN_iNcbb4EK-tyYa0AwNLc7YmVqSth3/view?usp=share_link
1. TREE AND GROUNDS CARE WORK. The Spring 2023 Arbor Care work is occurring throughout April. Bartlett Tree Experts will be in the community on Monday, April 17, 2022 and Tuesday, April 18, 2022 conducting pruning activities.
2. RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANGTAG) RENEWALS; SATURDAY, APRIL 15, 2023; 12:00PM TO 2:00PM and SUNDAY, APRIL 16,2023; 12:00PM TO 2:00PM; POOL PARKING LOT. Our annual owner guest (“hangtag”) permit renewal will occur on April 15th and 16th this year. Both dates will be from 12:00PM through 2:00PM. See the February 2023 newsletter for additional information. TENANT HANGTAGS ARE NOT IMPACTED BY THIS RENEWAL. After April 23rd all vehicles using the current resident-owner guest and non-resident-owner hangtag permits will be subject to towing from the community. Owners with questions may call or email the Parking Committee Chair for further information.
3. ROAD RAIDERS EARTH DAY CLEANUP; SATURDAY, APRIL 15, 2023; ROYAL LAKE PARK (OFF GAINSBOROUGH) AND LAKESIDE PARK (OFF POMMEROY), 8:00 AM to 11:00AM. The Road Raiders annual big event will be held one week early due to the FCPS spring break. This event will focus on our annual tradition to clean up and explore nature in Lakeside, Royal Lake Parks and associated stream beds (up Rabbit Branch to Commonwealth and Shane’s creek as available during construction).
4. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, APRIL 18, 2023; 7:00PM; VIRTUAL. The monthly board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2023), then the meeting (04 – 20230418). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
5. PWCA COMMUNITY CLEANUP DAY; SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2023; 9:30AM; POOL PARKING LOT. We will also hold a cleanup day to help our immediate community lessen the load of the loose trash and other items that get stuck in our naturalized areas. Please come by and give an hour or two of your time. We will supply the bags and trash grabbers. Recommend wearing long trousers as the growing season has started in our naturalized areas.
6. CURRENT HANGTAG TOWING COMMENCES; SUNDAY, APRIL 23, 2023. Any vehicles using the current resident owner and non-resident owner hang tags will be towed from the community starting on this date.
7. ACC HOME INSPECTION, SPRING 2023; SATURDAY, APRIL 29, 2023; 10:00AM; POOL. Our spring inspection will occur in just a couple of weeks. The inspection will be conducted by teams. Each team will be led by either a Director or a Summit representative. All teams will have at least one person with previous experience accomplishing the inspection. Please consider giving a few hours of your time to assist on an inspection team – no experience necessary.
8. 2023 POOL PASS APPLICATIONS, APPLY NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, APRIL 30, 2023. Please submit either electronically or by dropping your completed pass off by April 30th. If you do not make the April 30th deadline your passes will not be ready until mid-June. If you have any interest in helping with this process please contact the Pool Committee.
9. 2023 POOL PASS DISTRIBUTION; WEDNESDAY; MAY 3, 10, 17, 24, and 26, 2023; 6:30PM – 7:00PM, POOL PARKING LOT. If your application is submitted by April 30th and is not being held for a specific reason your passes will be ready for pickup at any of the dates and times listed in this item. All residences will be listed on the document “2023 Pool Pass, Residences with Passes for Pickup”. This document and others regarding pool pass distribution may be found on our website under either the board meeting for the current month or under Living in PWCA / Pool where there will be a link to the various documents.
10. 2023 POOL OPENING DAY; SATURDAY, MAY 27, 2023; 11:00AM. We are just over one month away from Opening Day! You’ll be seeing more preparation work going on around the pool over the next few weeks as we go through the various certification and inspections needed to operate for the season.
11. INDIVIDUAL GROUNDS CARE OFFER FROM J&J LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT, APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Due to numerous requests, our grounds care contractor is offering residences in our community the ability to have the private yards maintained. Please refer to the link listed above for details or contact myself if you cannot access the form. The suspense for this was March 27th so if you would like to advantage of the offer please contact them as soon as possible.
12. LIFEGUARD EMPLOYMENT REQUEST. Atlantic Pool Service is looking for lifeguards to work this season. Please refer to the link listed above for details or contact myself if you cannot access the form.
13. GROUNDS CARE REMINDERS. Spring growing is definitely here and we have started our mowing program for the season. Please keep the following in mind: #1 – keep your vehicle bumpers off the curb during mowing days as the crew cannot mow, edge or trim (as appropriate) when your vehicle is parked on top of the turf. #2 – For those of you who have landscaped up to the sidewalk – you are responsible to keep the sidewalk edge nearest your residence clean if the edger cannot be operated safely. #3 – Keep all items stored inside your fence / or your property for those without rear fences. See the ACC and ECC Rules for additional information.
Enjoy your weekend, hope to see some of you at the various events we have in the near-term. Thanks again to all those industriously working to get their homes and gardens spruced up – the community is looking really good overall….