Good evening. I hope you’ve been able to enjoy some of this fantastic weather we’ve had once the remnants of Ida cleared our area. Please find the latest information below.
Direct Pool Sign-In Link: http://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/13576DF05A6CDEAC1AA3-pwcasign
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. POOL OPERATING HOURS. Only a few days left to enjoy the pool for this season! Our pool continues operating on the modified schedule, operating from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM on all Fairfax County public school days and normal hours on non school days through Labor Day.
Friday, September 3: 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday, September 4: 11:00 AM to 9:00 PM
Sunday, September 5 and Monday September 6: 11:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday, September 11: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Sunday, September 12: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM.
Sunday, September 12: 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM Puppy Plunge – no humans allowed in the pool during this last hour.
2. LABOR DAY SOCIAL; SATURDAY; September 4, 2021; Setup at 4:00 PM; Social starts at 5:00 PM. The Labor Day social is TOMORROW! We’ll have boxed meals from Red Hot & Blue for you this year – think of this as our substitute for the Fourth of July social we normally have. See the flyer on the website. Policies remain the same as I listed in previous
messages. The Pool and Social Committees are jointly leading this effort, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
3. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; September 21, 2021; 7:00 PM; Virtual. The September board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2021), then the meeting (20210921). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
4. PETS ON COMMON GROUND. Another topic that needs to be addressed once again is how those of us who have pets control them when upon our common ground. All common ground within the community falls under Fairfax County code. Pets must be carried or leashed when on common ground. I’ve had two emails in the last week from individuals whose rescue pets have not reacted well to unknown dogs rushing up to them. Please be considerate of your fellow community residents and leash your dogs when you walk them. Please see our Community Rules, Section 3.3 for further information.
5. BASKETBALL COURT RESURFACING PROJECT. This project pivoted to a striping-only project due to cost increases and is now complete.
6. ANNUAL MEETING – CALL FOR NOMINATIONS: With our Annual Meeting coming up in November we attached a nomination form in the August 2021 newsletter. Each year three of our nine-member Board of Directors are up for election. Please consider submitting your name for consideration by the membership. If that seems to large a step, consider volunteering for any one of our committees. I KNOW they’d be happy for any assistance you could provide.
Thank you for reading this, enjoy this upcoming Labor Day weekend.