Good afternoon to all. As we focus on the holiday season I wanted to
give you quite a few items for your consideration.
- HOLIDAY TEMPORARY PARKING PERMIT REQUESTS. If possible, please get your temporary parking requests in to a Parking Official by December 21st to allow everyone the opportunity to enjoy the holidays. A list of current Parking Officials may be found on our website.
- HOLIDAY TRASH AND RECYCLING SCHEDULE. is found in the newsletter and on our website.
- For Christmas week the recycling collection will occur on Saturday, December 28th.
- For New Year’s week the recycling collection will occur on Saturday, January 4th.
- Christmas tree collection will occur on January 8th and 15th. All tinsel and decorations must be removed and trees SHOULD NOT be placed in plastic bags.
- YARD DEBRIS COLLECTION. The final yard debris pickup occurred today (December 18th) and will resume in the March/April timeframe.
- ASSOCIATION MEETING CANCELLATION POLICY (WEATHER RELATED). To simplify our meeting cancellation policy for these winter months, the Association hereby will follow the Fairfax County Public School determination for a weather cancellation. In a nutshell, if schools are closed then any Association meeting scheduled is also canceled. Specifically, we are closed for the following Conditions: 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, and 7. We will also endeavor to send an email blast if meetings are canceled. See the following link for further information: https://www.fcps.edu/resources/safety-and-transportation/weather-cancellation-procedures/inclement-weather-closing.
- JIM MCKEOWN (ProPave Lead) SITUATION. For your awareness, Jim McKeown has been our invaluable lead for the repaving company working in our community the last few years. He experienced a stroke in November. There has been a GoFundMe page set up to assist with the expenses associated with the event and recovery: https://www.gofundme.com/f/jim-mckeown-fund.
- 2019-2020 OFFICERS AND COMMITTEES OF THE ASSOCIATION. At the December 2019 Board of Directors meeting I was re-elected President, Joe Underwood was re-elected Vice President, Steve Lubore was re-elected Treasurer, and Matt Strain was re-elected Secretary. Officers are elected by the Directors for one-year terms at the meeting immediately following the Annual Meeting. For Committees – Marguerite Wiese will be the Nominating Committee Chair for the 2019-2020 term. She also takes over as Co-Chair of the Pool Committee with Rich Juchnewicz. A Budget and Finance Committee has been stood up. All other Committee Chairs remained as previously designated.
- 2020 ASSESSMENT. As a reminder, the 2020 quarterly assessment is due on January 1st and is $345 per quarter for 2020. See our website for further details.
- SOCIAL EVENT SURVEY. We distributed a survey at the annual meeting and received some excellent feedback but we need more responses. The survey is attached or a link provided. Please fill it in and return it to myself, firstname.lastname@example.org, or to email@example.com.
- REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS. Please consider giving some of your time to one of the committees. All of our committees have needs and many of them directly impact your quality of life here in the community. Please consider giving an hour of your time a month to make our community a better place to call home.
- 2019-2020 SNOW REMOVAL POLICY. Please see the website for the document. Reminder, the snow emergency curbs are in effect for the season. Our towing contractor will tow your vehicle if the curbs have been designated a no parking zone during major snow events.
- LEAVES. Lastly, if you have not taken care of the leaves in your front yards please do so. Help keep our community more neat and most probably, your neighbors more happy.
Thank you for taking the time to read this long message – have a safe and fun rest of your year and a great start to 2020!