Good evening. Please find listed below several updates for you.
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources:
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness:
UPDATED INFORMATION ITEMS:
- UPCOMING SNOW EVENT – DECLARATION OF SNOW EMERGENCY CONDITION, TUESDAY, 6:00PM. In accordance with the 2020-2021 Snow Removal Policy, the PWCA is declaring a Snow Emergency for the upcoming snow event on Wednesday, December 16, 2020. All white-painted curbs on Gainsborough Drive are No Parking Zones as of Tuesday, December 15, 200 at 6:00PM. All vehicles parked in No Parking Zones are subject to towing at owner expense. The Snow Emergency will be in effect until canceled via email blast for the specific Gainsborough Drive zones. Message board notices will be removed once all snow emergency no parking zones are cleared after the snow event. Please review the 2020-2021 Snow Removal Policy for further information. Further information to follow as the storm forecast becomes clarified over the next two days.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, DECEMBER 15, 2020, 7:00PM. The December board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2020), then the meeting (20201215). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
- HOLIDAY TEMPORARY PARKING PASS REQUESTS – SUNDAY, DECEMBER 20, 2020. Please provide any temporary parking permit requests no later than December 20th for visitors you may have through the New Year. I would like to provide our volunteers who create those passes for you the time to spend with their families. Please see the website for a current list of parking official phone numbers.
- HOLIDAY TRASH, RECYCLING and YARD WASTE SCHEDULE.
4.1. YARD WASTE. The final dedicated yard waste pickup will be Friday, December 18. After this date yard waste will be picked up with regular trash.
4.2. CHRISTMAS SCHEDULE. NO TRASH COLLECTION on Friday, December 25, 2020, the next Trash collection will occur Tuesday, December 29, 2020.
4.3. NEW YEAR’S SCHEDULE. NO TRASH COLLECTION on Friday, January 1, 2021, next Trash collection will occur Tuesday, January 5, 2021.
4.4. CHRISTMAS TREE COLLECTION (first two weeks of January). Occurs on Tuesday, January 5, 2021; Friday, January 8, 2021; Tuesday, January 12, 2021; and Friday, January 15, 2021.
- 2020 ANNUAL MEETING EXCERPTS. The Annual Meeting occurred on November 17th and was conducted from opening through the Director elections in a parallel in-person/virtual format. The remainder of the meeting occurred in a fully-virtual format. See the website for draft Annual Meeting minutes.
- 2021 ANNUAL ASSESSMENT. As relayed earlier this year, the Annual Assessment for 2021 will be remain the same as 2020 – $345.00 per quarter due on the first day of each quarterly assessment period. Both the Assessment Notice and the Quarterly Assessment Timeline may be found on the website.
- COMMUNITY SECURITY. With the holiday season upon us please remember to secure your packages, vehicles and homes. Keep your assets locked and thereby prevent a thief from having an easy opportunity. As a reminder, the Police non-emergency number is (703) 691-2131 to report any suspicious activity or break-ins. Also consider leaving your porch lights on throughout the night.
- WADING POOL. We experienced a dramatic increase in water loss during the 2020 season. Post-season assessment revealed deficiencies in the concrete beam. Fix actions are ongoing – the goal is to fix the deficiencies before hard winter sets in but due to the current weather prognosis the work may have to be delayed to the spring.
UNCHANGED (OR MARGINALLY UPDATED) INFORMATION:
- ACC: All rules remain in effect. Out-of-cycle ACC violation processes are ongoing. The Spring 2021 Home Inspection will occur in March 2021.
- COMMUNICATIONS: The November/December 2020 newsletter is digital-only due to the COVID-19 impacts – if you need a hard copy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ECC: All rules remain in effect.
3.1. BULK WASTE PICKUP. Advanced notice is required for any bulk item pickup. Fees will be increased slightly to cover the additional handling costs due to COVID-19. Bulk items include furniture, mattresses, appliances, grills, exercise equipment, construction debris, or any other large item that would normally be collected with a rear-load trash truck.
3.2. GLASS RECYCLING (PURPLE CONTAINERS): Glass recycling has resumed and the purple recycling containers are throughout Fairfax County.
3.3. RECYCLING AND TRASH. Should you see someone placing trash or recycling out at an unauthorized time, feel free to take their picture (to include the residence they are coming from/returning to) and email the pictures to email@example.com.
3.4. YARD DEBRIS PICKUP. Yard Debris is picked up on TUESDAY and FRIDAY in a specific yard debris truck. All yard waste requirements and constraints are in effect as normal. See the Community Rules Section 3.7 for information.
3.5. TOT LOT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the playground was opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
3.6. BASKETBALL COURT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the basketball court was opened effective 17 June 2020. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Users must stay ten (10) feet apart.
3.7. LENDING LIBRARY PATIO. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the patio itself was opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
3.8. LENDING LIBRARY (CLOSED). In accordance with Phase 3 of the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the Library remains CLOSED due to the restrictions on shared equipment.
3.9. COMMON AREAS. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the common areas were opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
- PARKING: All rules remain in effect. The Resident Owner and Non-Resident Owner Parking Permit (Hangtag) Renewals for 2020 are canceled. 2021 distribution remains planned for April 2021.
- SOCIAL: All 2020 events were canceled due to the pandemic. 2021 planned events will be assessed for viability based on pandemic guidance issued through the state and county.
- COMMUNITY SUPPORT REQUEST. This request remains active – thank you to those who have responded so far.
Stay safe and well,