Good evening to all. A couple of items for you tonight.
- TRASH AND RECYCLING PICKUP: Regularly scheduled pickup is planned to occur tomorrow (Tuesday, 15 January). Yard debris pickup has been
suspended until March 2019. Christmas tree pickup has already occurred
- if you have not placed your tree out at the scheduled pickup dates (2 and 9 January) you are responsible for getting your tree to the I-66
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING: is planned to occur tomorrow evening.
Please consider attending.
- SNOW: A huge THANK YOU to those who took care of their sidewalks
and the many who went above and beyond to care for the community
sidewalks. Many of the highly traveled community sidewalks have been
cared for by nameless volunteers – there are still lengths of sidewalk
that could use a shovel if you are still able to help…. Be careful as
you travel at night and in the mornings – the next couple of evenings
will see slick spots in the community from non-melted snow/ice and black
ice formed from the melt waters.
- PET WASTE: Thank you again to those owners who are conscientious
about cleaning up after their dog. For the others, please pick up after
your pets. Fairfax County states the following in the 2019 insert to
your dog license: “picking up after your dog is part of the commitment
of owning a pet.” and “It’s the law: failure to properly dispose of dog
waste is a Class 4 misdemeanor and subject up to a $250 fine. (County
code Section 41.1-2-6).”
That’s it for tonight – hope y’all stay safe during these evening of