Good evening. Several items for your review this time…
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
PWCA Website: www.parkwestcommunity.org
UPDATED INFORMATION ITEMS:
1. SPRING 2021 ACC INSPECTION; May 15, 2021; 10:00AM; Pool Parking Lot. The Spring home inspection will occur on May 15th. Please consider giving some of your time to assist on an inspection team. Further information to follow.
2. RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANG TAG) RENEWALS; May 15 and 16, 2021; 11:00AM – 1:00PM; Pool Parking Lot. 2021 owner hang-tag distribution will occur at the pool in conjunction with the pool pass distribution. Post cards were either mailed out or delivered to your inbox on April 12th providing further information to you. Reminder – your current hang tags expire May 23rd. Vehicles using the current hang tags after that date are subject to towing for an expired tag. Tenants – you are NOT impacted by this distribution – your hang-tag expiration corresponds to the date your current lease expires.
3. POOL PASS DISTRIBUTION; May 15 and 16, 2021; 11:00AM – 1:00PM; Pool Parking Lot. Pool pass applications were due by April 30th. If you have not turned in an application your passes may not be ready for distribution by Opening Day. For those who have submitted applications, 2021 pool pass distribution will occur at the pool in conjunction with the owner hang tag distribution. Photo IDs are required for pass pickup and when entering the pool deck for a reservation. For 2021 you will not be required to sign the “Agreement to Assume Risk and Release” document but you will have to agree with the document within the reservation system. Follow-on dates and times for pass pickup are currently undetermined. Please email email@example.com for further information.
4. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, May 18, 2021; 7:00PM; Virtual. The May board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2021), then the meeting (20210518). Document #01-01 contains the information to join the meeting.
5. POOL OPENING DAY; May 29, 2021; 11:00AM. Pool operations will follow the same basic rules as last year. Hours of operations will be as normal through Labor Day with the option for the next weekend after Labor Day weekend also possible. This schedule may be adjusted based on pandemic-related external inputs. Please review the current Operating Plan for specifics related to our operations in the current Virginia Phase 3 operating environment. There is no entry without a reservation. The reservation system will be a SignUpGenius framework almost the same as last year. All patrons of the pool will sign a user acknowledgement prior to entering the pool deck. Pandemic-related pool rules will be posted on the pool deck fence. The pool staff, PWCA Board and PWCA volunteers reserve the right to refuse entry to any patron exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and to eject any member not adhering to safety protocols.
6. CONCRETE REPLACEMENT PROJECT; May 19 through 21, 2021. The concrete replacement will occur between May 19th and May 21st. Parking spaces will be impacted throughout the community. We will get notices out to effected residences. ProPave will mark the areas prior to the work commencing but if you receive a letter in your door that is your official notification from the Association. Please see the notes associated with this project on the website and attached/linked to this message.
7. ASPHALT SEAL COAT AND BASKETBALL COURT RESURFACING. Due to the projected cicada (Brood X) impacts the seal coat and resurfacing projects are hereby delayed to the July-August timeframe. In a nutshell – major parts of our community will be impacted throughout the three weeks. For those who were here for the 2017 repaving project – expect the same level of impact to your schedule and start to consider alternative arrangements should that impact be a challenge for you or your family. Please see the notes associated with this project on the website and attached/linked to this message.
8. TREASURE COURT BLOCK CAPTAIN NEEDED. For those of you residing on Treasure Court, please consider volunteering to become a block captain. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like further information.
9. TREASURE COURT STREETLIGHT OUTAGE. We continue to have two street lights out at Treasure Court. Efforts are ongoing to make these lights operational.
UNCHANGED (OR MARGINALLY UPDATED) INFORMATION:
1. ACC: All rules remain in effect. Out-of-cycle ACC violation processes are ongoing. The Spring 2021 Home Inspection will occur starting on May 15, 2021. See the Community Rules Section 2 for specific ACC information.
2. COMMUNICATIONS: The May 2021 newsletter is published on the website. This edition is digital-only due to the COVID-19 impacts – if you need a hard copy please contact email@example.com.
3. ECC: All rules remain in effect. See the Community Rules Section 3 for specific ECC information.
3.1. BULK WASTE PICKUP. Advanced notice is required for any bulk item pickup. Fees will be increased slightly to cover the additional handling costs due to COVID-19. Bulk items include furniture, mattresses, appliances, grills, exercise equipment, construction debris, or any other large item that would normally be collected with a rear-load trash truck. See the Special Item Pickup Rules in the ‘Living in PWCA’ tab of the website.
3.2. GLASS RECYCLING (PURPLE CONTAINERS): Glass recycling has resumed and the purple recycling containers are throughout Fairfax County.
3.3. RECYCLING AND TRASH. Should you see someone placing trash or recycling out at an unauthorized time, feel free to take their picture (to include the residence they are coming from/returning to) and email the pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org. See the Community Rules Section 3.4 through 3.10 for information.
3.3.1 TRASH. Collected on TUESDAY and FRIDAY. Black bags or trash containers should be placed out no earlier than 6:00 PM on Monday evening and Thursday evening, no later than 6:00 AM on Tuesday morning and Friday morning.
3.3.2 RECYCLING. Collected on WEDNESDAY. Recycling containers and flattened cardboard should be placed out no earlier than 6:00 PM on Tuesday evening and no later than 6:00 AM on Wednesday morning.
3.4. YARD DEBRIS PICKUP. Yard Debris is picked up on TUESDAY and FRIDAY in a specific yard debris truck. All yard waste requirements and constraints are in effect as normal. See the Community Rules Section 3.7 for information.
3.5. TOT LOT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the playground was opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
3.6. BASKETBALL COURT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the basketball court was opened effective 17 June 2020. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Users must stay ten (10) feet apart.
3.7. LENDING LIBRARY PATIO. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the patio itself was opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
3.8. LENDING LIBRARY (CLOSED). In accordance with Phase 3 of the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the Library remains CLOSED due to the restrictions on shared equipment.
3.9. COMMON AREAS. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the common areas were opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
4. PARKING. All rules remain in effect. The Resident Owner and Non-Resident Owner Parking Permit (Hangtag) Renewals for 2021 will occur on May 15th and May 16th from 11:00AM through 1:00PM. See the Community Rules Section 4 for specific parking information.
5. POOL. The pool will open on May 29, 2021 – the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. Rules will be implemented as for the 2020 pool season. Pool pass applications were due April 30th – applications received now may not be ready in time for Opening Day. Pool passes will be distributed May 15th and May 16th.
6. SOCIAL. 2021 planned events will be assessed for viability based on pandemic guidance issued through the state and county.
Stay safe and well,