Good early evening to all. Please see below for several upcoming events and a few informational topics.
SEASONAL LINKS: No links currently
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
- FOUND ITEM. An Air Pods Pro case was found at the playground on August 25th. If they belong to you please text Emily at 202-276-2135 to verify the item and coordinate the return of the item.
- VOLUNTEER WATERSHED MARKER PROGRAM; Saturday, October 9, 2021; 9:00 AM; Pool Parking Lot. Meet with us at the pool house to join two crews who will be going out to learn about local watershed protection and do our part by marking the Park West Community Association storm drain basins (sidewalks). Crews can receive volunteer hours for students or adults signed by our Environmental Committee for supporting the Fairfax
County Program. The volunteering activities will include light walking, lifting, and application of drain markers. We have attached a one page write-up from the County which outlines our shared watershed responsibilities to watershed management and how it effects local environments, water and soil. If you have any questions, please contact Environment@parkwestcommunity.org.
- FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING; Tuesday, October 12, 2021; 7:00 PM; Virtual; https://meetings.ringcentral.com/j/1497562524. The Finance Committee will conduct a committee meeting to complete the line item review of the 2022 budget. Members are welcome to attend – please understand this is a committee meeting rather than a full Board of Directors meeting.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; Tuesday, October 19, 2021; 7:00 PM; Virtual. The monthly Board of Directors meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2021), then the meeting (20211019). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
- ANNUAL MEETING, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16,2021, 8:00 PM; initially at the Pool Parking Lot, remainder Virtual. The 2021 Annual Meeting of the Members of the Association will occur in the same format as the 2020 Annual Meeting. The meeting will start in the Pool Parking Lot and is intended to be a short duration due to the environmental considerations. There will be a brief recess then the meeting will continue in the fully virtual format as currently employed for the Board Meetings. There will be no food or beverages served, there are no restroom facilities available, and if you need a chair please bring your own. The Annual Meeting Notice, Agenda, Proxy Form and Call for Candidates will be distributed in the near future. Please consider submitting your name for a Director position – fresh insight and enthusiasm is welcomed on the board.
- STREET LIGHT OUTAGES. Dominion is working the pool parking lot light issue – the current metal-halide bulb will be replaced with an LED lamp assembly. There is also a street light issue on Carriagepark Road – that is in work. Finally, two street lights are always operational located on upper Gainsborough Drive. That appears to be a photocell challenge and is also in work.
- TUESDAY’S TALES. The readings for children will resume next spring/summer. As a reminder – there are books for both children and adults at the lending library. Feel free to drop by, browse the titles, and relax on the patio with a newly-discovered book from the library or with one you brought.
- TRASH CANS AND RECYCLE BINS AVAILABLE, Pool. We have had several of the trash cans and recycling bins that have been left out at the collection points for extended periods of time down at the pool currently. If you would like to use one of the containers please feel
free to go down and grab one. We HIGHLY recommend marking your residence address on the container. They will be there until October 12th when Patriot will pick up the remaining containers for re-allocation.
Thank you for reading this, please enjoy your evening.