Good evening. This email is focused on the upcoming pool weekend.
PWCA Website: https://parkwestcommunity.org/
Pool Sign-In System: https://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/13576df05a6cdeac1aa3-pwcasign#/
1. EXTENDED POOL OPERATIONS; SEPTEMBER 9 AND 10, 2023. The operating hours will be: Saturday; September 9, 2023: 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM and Sunday; September 10, 2023: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM. On September 10, 2023 from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM will be the annual Puppy Plunge – no humans allowed in the pool during this last hour of the season. On Sunday you will find less and less furniture for use as the day wears on. Please be flexible in your requirements on this day. If you are planning to enjoy our pool from Sunday mid-afternoon to the close and you want to sit, please consider bringing your own chairs.
2. SUNDAES ON SUNDAY; SUNDAY; SEPTEMBER 10, 2023; 5:00PM, POOL. We are planning to host one more Sundaes on Sunday for the 2023 season! We’ll have various ice creams and toppings that are sure to please both the young and young-at-heart! This also might be a nice break for those who are bringing furniture into the pool house around this time.
3. PUPPY PLUNGE; SUNDAY; SEPTEMBER 10, 2023; 6:00PM; POOL. During the final hour of the season we’re hosting a Pool Pawty!!!! Please review the rules for this event Bring proof of your 2023 Fairfax County dog license with you. This can either be the current tag or the current receipt from the County. The tag or receipt will be returned to you after review. You will also need to sign the Puppy Plunge Agreement prior to entering the pool deck with your dog. We will have two dog egress locations (the permanent steps and a temporary dog ramp) in the main pool. The main pool and the wading pool will both be available for your dogs’ enjoyment during the 6:00 PM through 7:00 PM hour. Recommend you bring your own chair if you’d like to sit down during this event as the furniture will be in the process of being stored by our volunteers.
4. SATURDAY; SEPTEMBER 9, 2023; INFORMATION. This will be the last regular day of the season. If you want to relax and enjoy all the pool offers this is the day for tanning, playing basketball, and other such activities. This is also the last day for pool reservations.
5. SUNDAY; SEPTEMBER 10, 2023; INFORMATION. We could use volunteers throughout the day on this last day of our season. Please contact the Pool Committee Pool@ParkWestCommunity.org to volunteer and see what times you would be most useful.
5A. MORNING. During the morning we aim to wash down all the furniture to clear them of Crepe Myrtle leaves and the other items that get stuck over the course of the season. This needs to occur in the morning to allow the furniture to dry before being stored. Up to four volunteers could be very effective in getting this accomplished quickly.
5B. EARLY AFTERNOON. The basketball goals will be disassembled in the early afternoon to allow the various pieces to be both cleaned and dried before being stored. The children’s furniture in the wading pool area will probably not be available around this time also. At least two volunteers are needed for these actions.
5C. LATE AFTERNOON (~4:00PM). Storage of the furniture will probably begin around 4:00PM – this varies based on the level of activity at the pool. Once this starts the rear entrance to the women’s bathroom will be locked and the double doors will be opened. If you need to use the restroom once these events occur please ask the volunteers to stop working while you to use the facilities. As many volunteers as we can get can be used during this time period.
Marguerite Wiese will be coordinating the various actions and events. Please see her to volunteer and receive direction on where you can assist. Thank you in advance for all those who come out to help us store our equipment so it’ll be ready for the 2024 season!
To all – enjoy the upcoming last weekend of our pool season – hope the weather stays nice for you!