Good evening. Please see below for several items for your review.
PWCA Website: https://parkwestcommunity.org/
PWCA Meeting Packets: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UQIfzyb72xFD9Y7_mshcRNVRE5wv8m5h?usp=share_link
Parking Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
Quarterly Assessment Timeline: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LpwaIZ5NVobKPDzCmuTnOy20KcwpxXXg?usp=share_link
Trash and Recycling Information: https://parkwestcommunity.org/our-environment/
2023 J&J Individual Home Maintenance Program: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jVoOGfz0pZBZCO78YPB16S6FY–syCk3/view?usp=share_link
2023 Annual Meeting Documents: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1C4WkBigeD5kMYNh4Cvt8d1PvFUWZCPkV?usp=sharing
Director Application for Candidacy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cnn33EERkBdAG-qMTEiiV4PWyHv3BnxJ/view
2023 – 2024 Snow Removal Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gtAkDqOQlg3InT0bmEnm6rrHYRaQrdnr/view?usp=sharing
1. FLAG STONE PATH CONSTRUCTION, THE SIDE AND REAR OF 4921 CARRIAGEPARK ROAD AND TO THE REAR OF HOMES THROUGH 4933 CARRIAGEPARK ROAD; STARTING INSTALLATION TOMORROW; OCTOBER 10, 2023. The next area to get a paver path installation will build on the lessons learned from the Carriagepark Court project and apply them to another set of townhomes. Thank you to the donor owner who helped make this project possible. For those addresses, you will see activity over the next several days as the path is created. If you have any cans or debris stored behind your rear fence – please move the items back inside your fence or discard the items.
2. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2023; 7:00PM; VIRTUAL. This month’s board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2023), then the meeting (11 – 20231017). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
3. FALL FEST; SATURDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2023; 3:45PM; POOL. Come join us for our fall social event! There will be a pet costume contest, a child costume contest, and best child and pet costume contests. Please arrive between 3:45 PM and 4:00 PM if you are competing in the costume contest. Judging will start at 4:00 PM and will be followed by a parade. At 5:00 PM a food truck will open to serve tacos, burritos and more from 3 to 10 dollars. The food truck accepts both cash or credit cards for purchases. The Association will supply some treats for dessert.
4. ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL COMMITTEE (ECC) MEETING; MONDAY, OCTOBER 23, 2023; 6:45PM; LOCATION TBD. This ECC Committee Meeting will focus on grounds and tree care potential improvements. Please see the next President Message for a final determination for how the meeting will be conducted.
5. COLONIAL PIPELINE EASEMENT TRIMMING, STARTING IN OUR COMMUNITY NEAR THE END OF OCTOBER. The flags on the pipeline easement correspond to various aspects of the easement trimming. The last trimming occurred nine years ago – going forward Colonial plans to return on five-year cycles. Work is expected to take around ten working days and as always is weather dependent. The easement will be vertically pruned to the easement boundary and mowed. Some limited work will be undertaken beyond the exact boundary line – all such work has been coordinated with the respective owners. The mowing is only pertinent to our land across Roberts Road.
6. ELECTRONIC CONSENT FORMS. For Owners/Members of the Association who may not know, electronic consent forms provide the Association the ability to send certain communications to you electronically only, thereby saving us the cost of printing and mailing those documents. The form is available on our website within Policy Resolution 17-04 and in the August newsletter.
7. ANNUAL MEETING – CALL FOR NOMINATIONS. In preparation for our Annual Meeting in November we attached a nomination form in the August newsletter. At each Annual Meeting there are three of our nine-member Board of Directors are up for election. Please consider submitting your name for consideration by the membership. If that seems to large a step, consider volunteering for any one of our committees. They would be happy for any assistance you could provide.
8. OWNER ACCOUNT PORTAL. As I’ve had a couple of questions on this – each owner has the ability to access their account through a portal Summit Management offers. To access the portal, please go to our website and select the ‘Living in PWCA’ tab. Scroll down the page to the button ‘Vantaca Owner Login’. If you have not already done so, Vantaca will prompt you to create a login. Once you login you’ll be able to access your owner information to include the status of your account. This also provides an avenue to pay any balances due on the account.
9. TOPSOIL AND SEED LOCATIONS IN COMMUNITY. Thank you to the owners who have watered the topsoil and seed areas near their homes. This has been a good year to get the seed to take and your help increased the success rate of those areas before our leaves begin falling in earnest.
10. BRADDOCK ROAD STOP SIGN AND MESSAGE BOARD. We have started the replacement work for the stop sign and assessment of the message board with our local contractor. We are also working with Dominion to assess the viability of installing some kind of protection system (e.g. a guard rail, stanchions) for the transformer. The results of that discussion will impact when and where the stop sign is re-installed as our preference would be to have inside the protected zone if possible.
11. INDIVIDUAL GROUNDS CARE OFFER FROM J&J LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT, APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. I’m keeping this in my messages due to our new residents as this offer has options for fertilization and leaf removal for your yards. Our grounds care contractor is offering residences in our community the ability to have the private yards maintained. Please refer to the link listed above for details or contact myself if you cannot access the form. If you would like to advantage of the offer please contact them as soon as possible.
12. STREET LIGHTS. All street lights should be operating normally. Reminder, while we have periodic contractor visits to check our street lights we don’t always notice in a timely manner when street lights malfunction. Please contact the Streets and Sidewalks Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org if you notice something I haven’t spoken about in a message. Street light status may also be found in the board packets.
Enjoy your week!