Good morning. Rather a lot of items for your consideration within this message.
PWCA Website: https://parkwestcommunity.org/
PWCA Parking Link: https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
2022 Pool Pass Application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdp-fvgL5b3sy2SPgKBdgLC0VAjDU34Y/view
2022 Pool Season Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/pool/
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
- EASTER EGG HUNT; SATURDAY, APRIL 16, 2022; 11:00AM; TOT LOT. Our first social event in a REALLY long time! The event is planned to occur with slight modifications from prior events. Children under the age of 12 are invited to participate in the hunt. Volunteers to help set up the event would be greatly appreciated – setup will occur at 9:30AM at the Tot Lot.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, APRIL 19, 2022; 7:00PM. The April board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20220419). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
- PWCA COMMUNITY CLEAN-UP EVENT; SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2022; 9:00AM; POOL. Please come help us clean-up our community this Spring! In conjunction with Earth Day (April 22nd this year) we’ll work to reduce the loose trash throughout our community that winds up in our naturalized areas. We’ll provide bag, gloves and grabbing claws for you. All ages welcome. If you or your family members require service hours, both our events and the Road Raider events do qualify for those kinds of civic engagement events. If you have questions or comments, please follow up with our ECC Chair at Environment@Parkwestcommunity.org.
- SPRING 2022 ACC INSPECTION; SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 2022; 10:00AM; POOL. Our spring inspection will be here in just over 2 weeks! The inspection will be conducted by teams. Each team will be led by either a Director or a Summit representative. All teams will have at least one person with previous experience accomplishing the inspection. Please consider giving a few hours of your time to assist on an inspection team – no experience necessary.
- POOL PASS APPLICATIONS; APPLY NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 2022. We are just over ONE (1!) month away from our pool opening for the season. We have had 24 residences submit their application as of today – please complete your applications as soon as practical to give our volunteers time to create the passes in a measured manner. We are creating passes after applications are received to reduce the workload on our volunteers so be aware if you wait too long to submit your application you will not have your passes at the beginning of the season.
- TREE WORK. Our Spring 2022 Tree Work will begin in a next few weeks. More information to follow.
- PLAYGROUND WORK. For those who patronize the playground – we will be undertaking replacement of the edge walls in the near-term. Installation timeline is dependent on when the material is delivered to our contractor. You can expect up to two weeks of playground closure during this project. Once the edge walls are replaced we will also be installing a certified safety surface of loose fill engineered wood fiber. Please do not use the playground during this timeframe. More information to follow as the timeline becomes clear.
- OPEN DIRECTOR POSITION. Request your consideration to place your name forward to fill an open Director position. We are looking for people who are invested in making a better community for all who reside here. If you are interested please complete and submit an Application for Candidacy that may be found on our website. The Nominating Committee will reach out to you after you complete that step. If you have questions I’m also available to speak with you about more specifics.
- RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANG TAG) RENEWALS. Our annual owner guest (“hangtag”) permit renewal usually scheduled for April/May 2022 will be deferred to April/May 2023. Owners with concerns or questions may call the Parking Committee Chair for further information.
- EMAIL SCAMS. As scammers become more astute in their phishing campaigns please remember to verify the accuracy of any communications purportedly coming from this Association or any representative. I personally will not be asking you to send funds. Summit has the Vantaca portal available to you to verify the status of your account and from that portal you can also pay any outstanding balances. You can find the link under the “Living in PWCA” section of the website, just scroll down to ‘Maintenance Assessments’.
- PARKING REMINDER. All non-marked contractor vehicles (whether company-owned or private vehicles) parking in our community to accomplish work at your residence must have a permit. We highly recommend contacting your local parking official in advance to obtain temporary permits.
- CONTRACTOR CLEAN-UP. All contractors must clean up all food, trash and construction debris from the common areas each day before they leave. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to make sure this gets done. Contact the ACC and/or the ECC for any questions or requests for a variance.
- GROUNDS CARE REMINDERS. Spring growing is definitely here and we have started our mowing program for the season. Please keep the following in mind: #1 – keep your vehicle bumpers off the curb during mowing days as the crew cannot mow, edge or trim (as appropriate) when your vehicle is parked on top of the turf. #2 – For those of you who have landscaped up to the sidewalk – you are responsible to keep the sidewalk edge nearest your residence clean if the edger cannot be operated safely. #3 – Keep all items stored inside your fence / or your property for those without rear fences. See the ACC and ECC Rules for additional information.
I hope you enjoy your week, see you around the community!