Good evening! Several items for your consideration tonight.
2022 Pool Pass Application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdp-fvgL5b3sy2SPgKBdgLC0VAjDU34Y/view
2022 Pool Season Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/pool/
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
- PWCA COMMUNITY CLEAN-UP EVENT; SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2022; 9:00AM; POOL. TOMORROW!!!!!!! Please come help us clean-up our community! In conjunction with Earth Day (April 22nd this year) we’ll work to reduce the loose trash throughout our community that winds up in our naturalized areas. We’ll provide bag, gloves and grabbing claws for you. Recommend you wear trousers as there are thorny plants in some of the naturalized areas. All ages welcome. If you or your family members require service hours, both our events and the Road Raider events do qualify for those kinds of civic engagement events. If you have questions or comments, please follow up with our ECC Chair at Environment@Parkwestcommunity.org.
- ROAD RAIDERS CLEAN-UP EVENT, SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2022; 9:00AM; ROYAL LAKE. Road Raiders will also be conducting a cleanup at Royal Lake park from 0900 – 1100 on April 23rd. See our website under Association Meetings. The April 2022 BoD Meeting has further information.
- POOL PASS APPLICATIONS; APPLY NO LATER THAN SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 20222. We are FIVE WEEKS AWAY from our pool opening for the season. We have had 40 residences submit their application as of today – please complete your applications as soon as practical to give our volunteers time to create the passes in a measured manner. We are creating passes after applications are received to reduce the workload on our volunteers so be aware if you wait too long to submit your application you will not have your passes at the beginning of the season.
- SPRING 2022 ACC INSPECTION; SATURDAY, APRIL 30, 2022; 10:00AM; POOL. Our spring inspection will be here next weekend! The inspection will be conducted by teams. Each team will be led by either a Director or a Summit representative. All teams will have at least one person with previous experience accomplishing the inspection. Please consider giving a few hours of your time to assist on an inspection team – no experience necessary.
- PLAYGROUND WORK, PLANNED START DATE 9 MAY 2022. For those who patronize the playground – we will be undertaking replacement of the edge walls in the near-term. Installation timeline is still somewhat unclear but we anticipate starting on or shortly after the 9th of May. You can expect up to two weeks of playground closure during this project. Once the edge walls are replaced we will also be installing a certified safety surface of loose fill engineered wood fiber. Please do not use the playground during this timeframe.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, MAY 17, 2022; 7:00PM. The May board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20220517). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
- NOISE. With Spring in full swing there will be private events occurring within our community. As we all have at least one shared wall in our residence, noise can be an issue for some of our residents. If you are impacted by noise, please consider speaking with the residence causing your discomfort. Should you be on the receiving end of such a request, please be courteous to your neighbors and turn your volume down. For all residents, should conversations not elicit a satisfactory response, please refer to the Fairfax County Noise Ordinance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/planning-development/zoning/noise-ordinance. In general, quiet hours are from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. from Sunday through Thursday and from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. on Friday, Saturday, and the day before a Federal Holiday. To report violations of the ordinance please call the Police Department non-emergency number at (703) 691-2131. This information may also be found on our website under the ‘Living in PWCA’ tab.
- OPEN DIRECTOR POSITION. Request your consideration to place your name forward to fill an open Director position. We are looking for people who are invested in making a better community for all who reside here. If you are interested please complete and submit an Application for Candidacy that may be found on our website. The Nominating Committee will reach out to you after you complete that step. If you have questions I’m also available to speak with you about more specifics.
- RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANG TAG) RENEWALS. Our annual owner guest (“hangtag”) permit renewal usually scheduled for April/May 2022 will be deferred to April/May 2023. Owners with concerns or questions may call the Parking Committee Chair for further information.
- TREE WORK. Our Spring 2022 Tree Work will begin in a next few weeks. More information to follow.
I hope you enjoy your weekend – hope you see you soon! (perhaps even tomorrow???)…….