Another late post due to lack of support.
Good morning. Please see below for current items for your review.
PWCA Website: https://parkwestcommunity.org/
PWCA Meeting Packets: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1UQIfzyb72xFD9Y7_mshcRNVRE5wv8m5h?usp=share_link
Parking Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
Quarterly Assessment Timeline: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LpwaIZ5NVobKPDzCmuTnOy20KcwpxXXg?usp=share_link
2023 Pool Application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X5vE-ynAfWoDrMIIYwTpEgVq7obm8MtE/view?usp=share_link
2023 J&J Individual Home Maintenance Program: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jVoOGfz0pZBZCO78YPB16S6FY–syCk3/view?usp=share_link
2023 Atlantic Pool Service Lifeguard Employment Flier: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1niN_iNcbb4EK-tyYa0AwNLc7YmVqSth3/view?usp=share_link
1. TREE AND GROUNDS CARE WORK. The Spring 2023 Arbor Care work is near the completion with one more tree removal scheduled and some fertilizations still to occur. We have also had to remove some trees that rapidly failed or were storm damaged. We have published guidance on what drives us for tree removals – that may be found on our website. In principle we are removing dead or rapidly failing trees as identified by our professional arborists, then trees recommended in principle – these are trees beyond their life-cycle for our environment with attendant risk to homes, vehicles, or community assets. We do have plans to re-introduce trees more suitable to our environment – those plans are necessarily subservient to removing liability trees.
2. PWCA COMMUNITY CLEANUP DAY; SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2023; 10:00AM; POOL PARKING LOT. THIS SATURDAY!!!!!!! We will also hold a cleanup day to help our immediate community lessen the load of the loose trash and other items that get stuck in our naturalized areas. Please come by and give an hour or two of your time. We will supply the bags and trash grabbers. Recommend wearing long trousers as the growing season has started in our naturalized areas.
3. CURRENT (BLUE) HANGTAGS IN OPERATION; PREVIOUS (WHITE) HANGTAGS SUBJECT TO TOW. Any vehicles using the previous (white) resident owner and non-resident owner hang tags will be towed from the community. Owners who have not picked up their new hang tags use the previous hang tags at their own risk. Please contact the Parking Committee to find out the next scheduled permit pickup date and time to receive your hangtags.
4. ACC HOME INSPECTION, SPRING 2023; TODAY!; SATURDAY, APRIL 29, 2023; 10:00AM; POOL PARKING LOT. OUR SPRING INSPECTION IS TODAY!!!! We could use volunteers to make the inspection easier on the few regulars who show up consistently. As the weather appears to be cooperating with us today we’ll be going around the community starting today to inspect. Please consider giving a few hours of your time to assist on an inspection team – no experience necessary. You may see inspectors around over the next week or so if we do not get enough volunteers today to complete the inspection. The inspection will be conducted by teams. Each team will be led by either a Director or a Summit representative. All teams will have at least one person with previous experience accomplishing the inspection.
5. 2023 POOL PASS APPLICATIONS, APPLY NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, APRIL 30, 2023. Applications due TOMORROW! Please submit either electronically or by dropping your completed pass applications. Please refer to the message I sent last night for further information. If you have any interest in helping with this process please contact the Pool Committee.
6. 2023 POOL PASS DISTRIBUTION; WEDNESDAY; MAY 3, 10, 17, 24, AND 26, 2023; 6:30PM – 7:00PM, POOL PARKING LOT. If your application is submitted by April 30th and is not being held for a specific reason your passes will be ready for pickup at any of the dates and times listed in this item. Please refer to the message I sent last night for further information.
7. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, MAY 16, 2023; 7:00PM; VIRTUAL. The monthly board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2023), then the meeting (05 – 20230516). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
8. GRADUATION EVENTS AT EAGLEBANK ARENA, MAY 18, 2023 THROUGH JUNE 13, 2023. Graduation season is here and we will see increased traffic impacts on our roads. Please see our website for the list of the 34 graduations planned. Anticipate major traffic delays before and after each event so plan accordingly when you travel from/to our community.
9. 2023 POOL OPENING DAY; SATURDAY, MAY 27, 2023; 11:00AM. We are less than one month away from Opening Day! You’ll be seeing more preparation work going on around the pool over the next few weeks as we go through the various certification and inspections needed to operate for the season.
10. INDIVIDUAL GROUNDS CARE OFFER FROM J&J LANDSCAPE MANAGEMENT, APPLY AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Due to numerous requests, our grounds care contractor is offering residences in our community the ability to have the private yards maintained. Please refer to the link listed above for details or contact myself if you cannot access the form. The suspense for this was March 27th so if you would like to advantage of the offer please contact them as soon as possible.
11. LIFEGUARD EMPLOYMENT REQUEST. Atlantic Pool Service is looking for lifeguards to work this season. Please refer to the link listed above for details or contact myself if you cannot access the form.
12. GROUNDS CARE REMINDERS. Spring growing is definitely here and we have started our mowing program for the season. Please keep the following in mind: #1 – keep your vehicle bumpers off the curb during mowing days as the crew cannot mow, edge or trim (as appropriate) when your vehicle is parked on top of the turf. #2 – For those of you who have landscaped up to the sidewalk – you are responsible to keep the sidewalk edge nearest your residence clean if the edger cannot be operated safely. #3 – Keep all items stored inside your fence / or your property for those without rear fences. See the ACC and ECC Rules for additional information.
13. VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR WEBSITE AND INFRMATION TECHNOLOGY FRAMEWORK SUPPORT. We could REALLY use some help maintaining the website and several of our support structures. We have relied on volunteers in the past and while that’s great in principle when we lose that support things start to go sideways. We are at one of those crossroads where we cannot keep going in the same manner as it’s impacting both you who receive the information and the few volunteers keeping the proverbial wheels turning. Contact myself if you are interested in helping – if not then we’ll go with another course of action.
Hope to see a few of you in about an hour! Enjoy your weekend.