Good evening. A few items for your review tonight along with a repeat of several items as they remain pertinent.
2021-2022 Snow Removal Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lOaFObfVAw8u22Q94l4f3VoiVIIrYoG7/view?usp=sharing
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. HOLIDAY TEMPORARY PARKING PASS REQUESTS – NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2021. Please provide your temporary parking permit requests no later than December 19th (that’s TOMORROW) for visitors you may have through the New Year. We would like to provide our volunteers who create those passes for you the time to spend with their families and several of them are departing the local area during the week so you will not have them as assets either. Please see the website for a current list of parking officials. If you miss the deadline, have patience as it may take longer to generate passes for you.
2. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, DECEMBER 21, 2021, 7:00PM. The December board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2021), then the meeting (20211221). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
3. 2022 ANNUAL ASSESSMENT AND ASSESSMENT TIMELINE. The Annual Assessment for 2022 will increase to $375.00 per quarter due on the first day of each quarterly assessment period. The 2022 Assessment Notice and the Quarterly Assessment Timeline have been mailed/emailed to you and may also be found on the website.
4. TREE WORK. We will be conducting arbor care work over the next couple of months. Reserved parking spaces impacted by this work will be notified and non-reserved spaces and curbs marked prior to the commencement of work.
5. HOLIDAY TRASH, RECYCLING and YARD WASTE SCHEDULE. There are no calendar changes for this year’s holidays. Christmas trees are usually picked up during the first two weeks of January. See our website for details on how to prepare the tree for pickup.
6. COMMUNITY SECURITY. With the holiday season upon us please remember to secure your packages, vehicles and homes. Keep your assets locked and thereby prevent a thief from having an easy opportunity. As a reminder, the Police non-emergency number is (703) 691-2131 to report any suspicious activity or break-ins. Also consider leaving your porch lights on throughout the night.
7. REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS. The Communications Committee is looking for a volunteer or two to help with the message board updates at both entrances. The Pool and Social Committees are also in great need of some additional volunteers to help make the activities they are responsible for a success – so far we have had had one volunteer step forward to help with the Social Committee – THANK YOU.
8. PAINT DISPOSAL. Lastly, for Malone Court. Request the owner who dumped the large quantity of paint cans please collect and dispose of them. For all – please see the website for the proper ways to dispose of your used paint cans. There are several options but putting out liquid filled containers for the trash collection is not one of them, nor will the other professional companies we have contacted pick them up.
Please have a safe and joyous holiday week. As I in the last message, I really appreciate all of your efforts in making the holiday season bright and festive. Thank you for taking the time and care to generate such a welcoming environment.
Stay safe and well,