Good evening. A few items for your review tonight along with a repeat of several items as they remain pertinent.
2021-2022 Snow Removal Policy: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lOaFObfVAw8u22Q94l4f3VoiVIIrYoG7/view?usp=sharing
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. POOL HOUSE HOLIDAY LIGHTING PROJECT, SATURDAY, DECEMBER 4,2021, 1:00 PM, POOL PARKING LOT. We will light the pool house and fence for the season this Saturday. Thanks to those who have already volunteered, look forward to seeing you. We could use a couple more volunteers so please consider giving us 30 minutes of your afternoon to help with the setup.
2. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, DECEMBER 21, 2021, 7:00PM. The December board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2021), then the meeting (20211221). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
3. OPEN DIRECTOR POSITION. Request your consideration to place your name forward to fill the open position. We are looking for people who are invested in making a better community for all who reside here. If you are interested please complete and submit an Application for Candidacy that may be found on our website. The Nominating Committee will reach out to you after you complete that step. If you have questions I’m also available to speak with you about more specifics.
4. 2022 ANNUAL ASSESSMENT AND ASSESSMENT TIMELINE. The Annual Assessment for 2022 will increase to $375.00 per quarter due on the first day of each quarterly assessment period. The 2022 Assessment Notice and the Quarterly Assessment Timeline have been mailed/emailed to you and may also be found on the website.
5. HOLIDAY TEMPORARY PARKING PASS REQUESTS – NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2021. Please provide your temporary parking permit requests no later than December 19th for visitors you may have through the New Year. We would like to provide our volunteers who create those passes for you the time to spend with their families. Please see the website for a current list of parking officials.
6. TREE WORK. We will be conducting arbor care work over the next couple of months. Reserved parking spaces impacted by this work will be notified and non-reserved spaces and curbs marked prior to the commencement of work.
7. HOLIDAY TRASH, RECYCLING and YARD WASTE SCHEDULE. There are no calendar changes for this year’s holidays. Christmas trees are usually picked up during the first two weeks of January. See our website for details on how to prepare the tree for pickup.
8. COMMUNITY SECURITY. With the holiday season upon us please remember to secure your packages, vehicles and homes. Keep your assets locked and thereby prevent a thief from having an easy opportunity. As a reminder, the Police non-emergency number is (703) 691-2131 to report any suspicious activity or break-ins. Also consider leaving your porch lights on throughout the night.
9. REQUEST FOR VOLUNTEERS. The Communications Committee is looking for a volunteer or two to help with the message board updates at both entrances. The Pool and Social Committees are also in great need of some additional volunteers to help make the activities they are responsible for a success.
I hope you enjoyed the Thanksgiving weekend. The community continues to look more vibrant by the day/night as more homes are decorated for the season – thank you for taking the time and care to generate such a welcoming environment.
Stay safe and well,