Good afternoon to all. A couple of items for your consideration.
1. SHORT NOTICE NOTIFICATION. COMMUNITY MEETING THIS EVENING. Our District Supervisor, Mr. John Cook, will be holding a Community Information Meeting on February 12th at the Oak View Elementary School at 7:30p.m. in regards to a proposed residential development at the northeast corner of the Roberts Road/Braddock Road intersection. This is one year to the date from the first community meeting.
Per the invitation email, “In late November, the Board of Supervisors adopted a Comprehensive Plan Amendment for the 9.94-acre site which would retain a base density of 1 to 2 dwelling units per acre, but allow more intense development of this property if certain conditions are met, including consolidation of the parcels, environmentally sensitive design, and improved pedestrian connections. The developer is now proposing to rezone the property from the R-1 District to PDH-5. The proposed development would be a high-end residential community with 45 houses, centrally located community amenities, and open space. Access would be from a single entrance on Roberts Road. The applicant has proposed a tree save area and decorative screening wall along Braddock Road. An additional tree preservation area is proposed along the eastern property boundary with University Park.”
2. NEWSLETTERS: were distributed. Thank you to those who have opt’d in to receive these types of communications electronically. By doing so you saved the Association $2 for each hand delivered packet and $2 plus the cost of postage for each mailed packet. In just this information dissemination we saved more then $150. For those who haven’t opt’d in, I’ve attached a form for your consideration. UPDATE – some packets have not yet been distributed but should be in the next couple of days.
3. BOARD MEETING: will be next Tuesday, February 19th at Lord of Life.
4. PERMIT PARKING PASS RENEWALS: for resident and non-resident owners
– you received the letter and an application form in the latest packet. Please complete and return by February 28th. We are targeting a mid-April dissemination of passes. Tenants, you are NOT impacted by this update.
5. 2019 SOCIAL ACTIVITIES: the Pool and Social Committees have refined the list of social events the Association is supporting this year. The updated list will be available at the board meeting and on the website shortly thereafter.
6. SPRING TREE WORK: is around the corner. We currently anticipate work occurring in the March/April timeframe. Further information to follow.
That’s it for this evening – wanted to get the information out about this community meeting this evening if anyone is interested.
Have a great night!