Good evening to all. Several items (three of them related to the pool) for your review.
PWCA Website: www.parkwestcommunity.org
PWCA Pool Link: https://parkwestcommunity.org/living-in-pwca/
Direct Pool Sign-In Link: http://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/13576DF05A6CDEAC1AA3-pwcasign
- ASPHALT SEAL COAT AND BASKETBALL COURT RESURFACING – START DATE 19 JULY 2021. The reseal project will begin 19 JULY 2021. The community will be divided into four sections. Each section will be closed for a three-day duration. Expect the same level of impact to your schedule as with the 2017 repaving project and start to consider alternative arrangements should that impact be a challenge for you or your family. To summarize: plan for no access to your parking spaces, no trash service at your collection point, no mail, no summer school bus service within the community. Please review the slides associated with the project on the website for specifics.
- COMMUNITY SECURITY. Please remember to secure your vehicles and homes and thereby prevent a thief from having an easy opportunity. As a reminder, the Police non emergency number is (703) 691-2131 to report any suspicious activity or break-ins. Also consider leaving your porch lights on throughout the night.
- Administrative Resolution #01, “Regarding Board Procedures” Update. As a result of new state law taking effect on 1 July 2021, a section has been added to cover virtual meetings.
- Pool Pass Distribution. The following addresses have not yet picked up their passes:
- Carriagepark Court: 10411, 10435, 10453.
- Carriagepark Road: 4815, 4867, 4937.
- Gainsborough Drive: 4711, 4794.
- Malone Court: 10445.
- Treasure Court: 4810, 4820.
- Passes may be picked up at the Guest Pass Distribution dates listed below, or by appointment from the Pool Chair. If your address is not on this list and you have not picked up your passes, we have not received your application, or there is an issue. Contact the Pool Chair at 703-362-9228 or Pool@parkwestcommnunity.org.
- Guest Pass Usage and Distribution. We anticipate allowing guest pass usage beginning next Saturday, June 26th. You will be required to present a valid guest pass, and guests will be required to sign in using Sign Up Genius. Each residence that submitted a valid pool pass application is entitled to receive a guest pass card with 10 guest entries. Additional cards, called Sunshine Dollars, may be purchased for $20 ($2 per entry) from the pool chair. Sunshine Dollars do not expire. If you have not yet picked up your 2021 guest pass card, cards will be distributed at the pool from 6:00pm to 6:30pm on Wednesday June 23rd and 11:00am to 11:30am on Saturday June 26th.
- Unaccompanied Minor Swim Test (Ages 12 – 15). Beginning on Saturday, June 26, children ages 12 to 15 may take a swim test to be allowed to come to the pool unaccompanied. Children must be able to swim a lap (two lengths) of the pool and to tread water for one minute unassisted. Guards will administer the test during the adult swim breaks. Children who pass will be added to a list of approved unaccompanied minors, and receive a sticker for their pool pass. Unaccompanied minors must still sign in via Sign Up genius, and we reserve the right to cancel the privilege for any child the guards identify who regularly does not follow pool rules.