Good evening to all. Several items for your review this time…
PWCA Website: www.parkwestcommunity.org
PWCA Pool Link: https://parkwestcommunity.org/living-in-pwca/
Direct Pool Sign-In Link: http://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/13576DF05A6CDEAC1AA3-pwcasign
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness:
UPDATED INFORMATION ITEMS:
1. LENDING LIBRARY, June 6, 2021. In accordance with current State of Virginia guidance and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the Lending Library will open on June 6, 2021. We plan to host some book readings for our young children over the summer. If you’d like to help or have some thoughts on books please contact me and I’ll put you in contact with the appropriate individual.
2. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, June 15, 2021; 7:00PM; Virtual. The June board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2021), then the meeting (20210615). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
3. CONCRETE REPLACEMENT PROJECT. Complete except for a few remediation actions.
4. ASPHALT SEAL COAT AND BASKETBALL COURT RESURFACING. Due to the ongoing cicada (Brood X) impacts the seal coat and resurfacing projects are delayed. Currently target a mid-to-late July start for the projects. Summary: major parts of our community will be impacted throughout the three week duration of the project. For those who were here for the 2017 repaving project – expect the same level of impact to your schedule and start to consider alternative arrangements should that impact be a challenge for you or your family. Please see the notes associated with this project on the website.
5. RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANG TAG) RENEWALS. If you have not picked up your hang tags please contact the Parking Committee for future pickup windows. The previous hang tags are currently subject to tow as an expired permit. No owner stickers and no tenant stickers or hang tags were effected by this transition.
6. 2021 POOL PASSES. If you have not picked up your pool passes please contact the Pool Committee for future pickup windows. Please email email@example.com for further information.
7. TREASURE COURT BLOCK CAPTAIN NEEDED. For those of you residing on Treasure Court, please consider volunteering to become a block captain. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like further information.
8. TREASURE COURT STREETLIGHT OUTAGE. We continue to have two street lights out at Treasure Court. Efforts are ongoing to make these lights operational.
UNCHANGED (OR MARGINALLY UPDATED) INFORMATION:
1. ACC. All rules remain in effect. The Spring 2021 Home Inspection occurred on May 15, 2021. See the Community Rules Section 2 for specific ACC information.
2. COMMUNICATIONS. The May 2021 newsletter is published on the website. This edition is digital-only due to the COVID-19 impacts – if you would like a hard copy please contact
3. ECC. All rules remain in effect. See the Community Rules Section 3 for specific ECC information.
3.1. BULK WASTE PICKUP. Advanced notice is required for any bulk itempickup. Fees will be increased slightly to cover the additional handling costs due to COVID-19. Bulk items include furniture, mattresses, appliances, grills, exercise equipment, construction debris, or any other large item that would normally be collected with a rear-load trash truck. See the Special Item Pickup Rules in the ‘Living in PWCA’ tab of the website.
3.2. GLASS RECYCLING (PURPLE CONTAINERS). Glass recycling has resumed and the purple recycling containers are throughout Fairfax County.
3.3. RECYCLING AND TRASH. Should you see someone placing trash or recycling out at an unauthorized time, feel free to take their picture (to include the residence they are coming from/returning to) and email the pictures to email@example.com. See the Community Rules Section 3.4 through 3.10 for information.
3.3.1 TRASH. Collected on TUESDAY and FRIDAY. Black bags or trash containers should be placed out no earlier than 6:00 PM on Monday evening and Thursday evening, no later than 6:00 AM on Tuesday morning and Friday morning.
3.3.2 RECYCLING. Collected on WEDNESDAY. Recycling containers and flattened cardboard should be placed out no earlier than 6:00 PM on Tuesday evening and no later than 6:00 AM on Wednesday morning.
3.4. YARD DEBRIS PICKUP. Yard Debris is picked up on TUESDAY and FRIDAY in a specific yard debris truck. All yard waste requirements and constraints are in effect as normal. See the Community Rules Section 3.7 for information.
3.5. TOT LOT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the playground was opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface. Adhere to applicable social distancing requirements.
3.6. BASKETBALL COURT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the basketball court was opened effective 17 June 2020. Adhere to applicable social distancing requirements.
3.7. LENDING LIBRARY PATIO. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the patio itself was opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface. Adhere to applicable social distancing requirements.
3.8. LENDING LIBRARY. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the lending library will open 6 June 2021. There is no special cleaning on any surface.
3.9. COMMON AREAS. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the common areas were opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface. Adhere to applicable social distancing requirements.
4. PARKING. All rules remain in effect. See the Community Rules Section 4 for specific parking information.
5. POOL. The pool is open. Sign-in is through SignUpGenius. You may sign-in prior to your arrival at: http://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/13576DF05A6CDEAC1AA3-pwcasign or when arriving at the pool. Each individual must sign-in.
6. SOCIAL: 2021 planned events will be assessed for viability based on pandemic guidance issued through the state and county.
Stay safe and well,