Good evening. One pool pass update and a few minor updates for you to review.
2022 Pool Pass Application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdp-fvgL5b3sy2SPgKBdgLC0VAjDU34Y/view
2022 Pool Season Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/pool/
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. POOL PASS DISTRIBUTION; JUNE 11, 2022; 1:00PM TO 1:30PM; POOL. We have added another pool pass pickup for those who require it. Please send any adult that’s on your pass request to pick up your passes. We are not planning to hold another pool pass pickup for at least two weeks after this window. There are 42 residences who have packets available for pickup. As a reminder – packets are ready for those residences who meet the criteria listed on the application. Photo IDs are required for pass pickup and when entering the pool deck. To preclude some of the questions that have arisen, attached/linked to this message is a list of all residences that will have packets ready for pickup. If your residence is not on the list and you have submitted your application – usually this is caused by either assessments due or ACC violations – please contact the Pool Committee for specifics.
2. TREE WORK. The Spring 2022 pruning work was accomplished on June 8th and 9th. The tree removal impacting portions of Malone Court and Gainsborough Drive is ongoing and further information will be disseminated once the schedule becomes clear.
3. GRADUATION EVENTS AT EAGLE BANK ARENA, THROUGH JUNE 17, 2022. Graduation season is here and we are back to pre-pandemic graduations with the attendant impacts to traffic on our roads. Please see our website for the list of the 31 graduations planned through June 17th. Anticipate major traffic delays before and after each event so plan accordingly when you travel from/to our community.
4. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2022; 7:00PM. The June board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20220621). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
5. POOL FOOTBRIDGE; GROUT RIPRAP; JUNE 27, 2022 THROUGH JUNE 29, 2022. Weather permitting, the pool footbridge project will start June 27th. Major impacts to the footpath from the pool to the footbridge are anticipated. Please keep away from that area during the project.
6. JULY 4TH SOCIAL EVENT. Our largest event of the year is only a few weeks away and we have had a dearth of volunteers to help make it happen. If you’d like to see the event occur and have a couple of hours to give towards making the event a success please email Diane Barnhard at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. My next update will definitively announce whether the event is going to occur this year.
7. PLAYGROUND WORK, DELAYED WORK START DATE. The planned start date is undetermined due to crew availability. More information to follow. For those who patronize the playground – we will be undertaking replacement of the edge walls. You can expect up to two weeks of playground closure during this project. Once the edge walls are replaced we will install a certified safety surface of loose fill engineered wood fiber. Please do not use the playground during this timeframe. See the monthly meeting minutes for further information.
8. BASKETBALL COURT, DELAYED CLOSURE DATE. During the edge wall construction project the basketball courts will be closed for the duration of the project.
9. POOL INFORMATION. We are allowing residents to reserve portions of the pool deck during this season. Please contact the Pool Committee for assistance regarding scheduling and cost. There is no gas grill available for use this season – please do not plan to utilize one during your pool visits.
10. 2022 STRATEGIC PLAN UPDATE – REQUEST FOR COMMENTS, NO LATER THAN 1 JULY 2022. As documented in the May 2022 Park West Pages, for this year we are more specifically reaching out to you as part of our consideration of updates to future years’ goal and targets to request any input you might have to the document.
Enjoy the weekend!