Good afternoon. I realize I’m providing more updates than normal but the initial pool operations require more frequent updates this year. Additional pool pass pickup windows have been added for this weekend and a few other minor updates for you to review.
PWCA Parking Link:https://parkwestcommunity.org/parking/
2022 Pool Pass Application:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdp-fvgL5b3sy2SPgKBdgLC0VAjDU34Y/view
2022 Pool Season Documents:https://parkwestcommunity.org/pool/
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources:https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance:http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness:https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
1. POOL PASS DISTRIBUTION; JUNE 18 and 19, 2022; 1:00PM TO 1:30PM; POOL. There will be two (2) half hour pool pass pickup windows at the pool this weekend courtesy of one of our volunteers. Please send any adult that’s on your pass request to pick up your passes. There are 19 (update – 20) residences who have packets available for pickup and one residence has a miss-spelled name pass available for pickup. As a reminder – packets are ready for those residences who meet the criteria listed on the application. Photo IDs are required for pass pickup and when entering the pool deck. To preclude some of the questions that have arisen, attached/linked to this message is a list of all residences that will have packets ready for pickup. If your residence is not on the list and you have submitted your application – usually this is caused by either assessments due or ACC violations – please contact the Pool Committee for specifics.
2. TREE WORK; JUNE 21 THROUGH 23, 2022. The tree removal impacting portions of Malone Court and Gainsborough Drive will continue from Tuesday through Thursday of next week.
3. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, JUNE 21, 2022; 7:00PM. The June board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20220621). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
4. POOL FOOTBRIDGE; GROUT RIPRAP; JUNE 27, 2022 THROUGH JUNE 29, 2022. Weather permitting, the pool footbridge project will start June 27th. Major impacts to the footpath from the pool to the footbridge are anticipated. Please keep away from that area during the project.
5. JULY 4TH SOCIAL EVENT; MONDAY, JULY 4, 2022; SETUP – 10:30AM; EVENT 12:00PM (noon); POOL. Our largest event of the here is only a few weeks away and we have had several people step forward to offer to help so the event is ON! 🙂 We will be accomplishing this event in the same manner as the Labor Day event in 2021 – with box meals from Red Hot & Blue. There is no rain date for this event – should adverse weather cancel the event we will request you to come down to the pool house to grab the box meals so they don’t go to waste. As always – more volunteers are always helpful, please email Diane Barnhard at email@example.com for further information.
6. COMMUNITY SECURITY. I haven’t addressed this topic lately but was informed by one of our residents last night of his vehicle being rummaged through. If you discover your vehicle has been impacted, please call the Police non-emergency number (703) 691-2131 to report the break-in. As a reminder, consider leaving your porch lights on throughout the night, remember to lock your vehicle doors, and notify the non-emergency number should you be impacted in the future.
7. PLAYGROUND WORK, DELAYED WORK START DATE. The planned start date is undetermined due to crew availability. More information to follow. For those who patronize the playground – we will be undertaking replacement of the edge walls. You can expect up to two weeks of playground closure during this project. Once the edge walls are replaced we will install a certified safety surface of loose fill engineered wood fiber. Please do not use the playground during this timeframe. See the monthly meeting minutes for further information.
8. BASKETBALL COURT, DELAYED CLOSURE DATE. During the edge wall construction project the basketball court will be closed for the duration of the project.
9. POOL INFORMATION. We are allowing residents to reserve portions of the pool deck during this season. Please contact the Pool Committee for assistance regarding scheduling and cost. There is no gas grill available for use this season – please do not plan to utilize one during your pool visits.
10. 2022 STRATEGIC PLAN UPDATE – REQUEST FOR COMMENTS, NO LATER THAN 1 JULY 2022. As documented in the May 2022 Park West Pages, for this year we are more specifically reaching out to you as part of our consideration of updates to future years’ goal and targets to request any input you might have to the document.
Enjoy the weekend!