Good morning. Busy month so a variety of items for your consideration.
2022 Pool Pass Application: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cdp-fvgL5b3sy2SPgKBdgLC0VAjDU34Y/view
2022 Pool Season Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/pool/
ACC Documents: https://parkwestcommunity.org/architectural-control-committee/
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins Global COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
- PLAYGROUND WORK, DELAYED WORK START DATE. The planned start date is undetermined due to crew availability. More information to follow. For those who patronize the playground – we will be undertaking replacement of the edge walls. You can expect up to two weeks of playground closure during this project. Once the edge walls are replaced we will install a certified safety surface of loose fill engineered wood fiber. Please do not use the playground during this timeframe. See the monthly meeting minutes for further information.
- BASKETBALL COURT, DELAYED CLOSURE DATE. During the edge wall construction project the basketball courts will be closed for the duration of the project.
- POOL PASS DISTRIBUTION; SATURDAY, MAY 14, 2022; 2:00PM to 4:00PM and SUNDAY, MAY 22, 2022; 1:00PM to 3:00PM; POOL PARKING LOT. For those residences who will have submitted their application by April 30th and meet the criteria listed on the application, the 2022 pool pass distribution will occur at the pool on the two dates listed above. Photo IDs are required for pass pickup and when entering the pool deck. For those who submitted on May 1st or after – you will be notified of your pickup dates later this month.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TUESDAY, MAY 17, 2022; 7:00PM. The May board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2022), then the meeting (20220517). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
- POOL OPENING DAY; May 28, 2022; 11:00AM. Pool operations will follow the same basic rules as last year. Hours of operations will be as normal through Labor Day with the option for the next weekend after Labor Day weekend also possible. This schedule may be adjusted based on pandemic-related external inputs. Sign-in to the pool will again be accomplished through the SignUpGenius framework as accomplished last year. Please be courteous to our lifeguards and accomplish your sign-in – this is part of our safety rules and protocols. The pool staff, PWCA Board and PWCA Pool Volunteers reserve the right to refuse entry to any patron exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms and to eject any member not adhering to safety protocols or pool rules.
- POOL OPENING DAY KICKOFF SOCIAL AND SUNDAES ON SATURDAY; MAY 28, 2022, 12:00PM. Please come enjoy a hot dog, chips, and a sundae to celebrate the opening of the pool!
- LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASSES, POOL DECK. Our pool management contractor will be conducting lifeguard certification classes on our pool deck at various times during the month of May.
- OPEN DIRECTOR POSITION. Request your consideration to place your name forward to fill an open Director position. We continue to look for people who are invested in making a better community for all who reside here. If you are interested please complete and submit an Application for Candidacy that may be found on our website. The Nominating Committee will reach out to you after you complete that step. If you have questions I’m also available to speak with you about more specifics.
- RESIDENT OWNER AND NON-RESIDENT OWNER PARKING PERMIT (HANG TAG) RENEWALS. Our annual owner guest (“hangtag”) permit renewal usually scheduled for April/May 2022 will be deferred to April/May 2023. Owners with concerns or questions may call the Parking Committee Chair for further information.
- TREE WORK. The pruning portion of our Spring 2022 Tree Work will occur on May 24th and May 25th. The removal portion is planned to start between May 11th and May 18th. Residences/parking to be impacted will be notified as the timeframe near/becomes more clear.
Please enjoy the remainder of your weekend and for all are are celebrating – HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!!!!