Good afternoon to all. Please see below for several items.
SEASONAL LINKS: No links currently
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness:
1. HALLOWEEN 2021. Fairfax County issued the following guidance. “While trick-or-treaters under 12 aren’t eligible for vaccine yet, this fun tradition can be done safely if families keep activities outdoors, wear a cloth or surgical mask (don’t rely on a costume mask to protect you), avoid crowded doorsteps, and wash hands before eating candy.” For those participating in our community, please be mindful of whether homes are participating or not. As a general rule, if homes have active Halloween decorations or their porch light is on they are participating. Please see the following link for more information: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/news/guide-to-halloween-2021
2. OPEN DIRECTOR POSITION. TJ Hanton will be stepping down at the end of his term this year after nine years of volunteer service to our community. TJ – thank you personally, on behalf of the board, and for the Association for your willingness to work and thereby help our community throughout your three terms of service. For everyone – we therefore have a vacant Director position on the board. Request your consideration to place your name forward to fill the open position. We are looking for people who are interested in helping work towards making a better community for all who reside here. If you are interested please complete and submit an Application for Candidacy that may be found on our website. The Nominating Committee will reach out to you after you complete that step. If you have questions I’m also available to speak with you about more specifics regarding the Director position.
3. ANNUAL MEETING, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 16,2021, 8:00 PM; initially at the Pool Parking Lot, remainder Virtual. The 2021 Annual Meeting of the Members of the Association will occur in the same format as the 2020 Annual Meeting. The meeting will start in the Pool Parking Lot and is intended to be a short duration due to the environmental considerations. There will be a brief recess then the meeting will continue in the fully virtual format as currently employed for the Board Meetings. There will be no food or beverages served, there are no restroom facilities available, and if you need a chair please bring your own. The Annual Meeting Notice, Agenda, Proxy Form and Call for Candidates were mailed either physically or electronically last week. As I stated in the last item, please consider submitting your name for a Director position – fresh insight and enthusiasm is welcomed on the board.
4. ELECTRONIC CONSENT FORMS. For those who may not know, electronic consent forms provide the Association the ability to send certain communications to you electronically only, thereby saving us the cost of printing and mailing those documents. The form is available on our website within Policy Resolution 17-04 and within the PWCA Forms sub-section.
5. ROAD RAIDERS CLEANUP EVENT; MONDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2021, 8:00AM, Roberts Road 100 yards south of Commonwealth Blvd intersection. Please see the following from Road Raiders. More information may be found on our website. “Next Monday, November 1 we will be sponsoring a special clean-up day for Shane’s Creek (watershed to Royal Lake) from the Roberts Road dam (near Commonwealth Blvd) towards the lake. 8-10AM, please come dressed for the weather and walking in forested parklands with gloves. We are sponsoring this special clean-up since the FCPS school system has “fall break” (Mon-Tuesday) for students. If you are a student, parent, neighbor or retired community member, YOU can help us out on Monday morning (all activity levels including just “manning the table” for sign-ups).”
Thank you for taking the time to review this.