We are very excited about the pool opening tomorrow, despite the chilly weather we are expecting.
First off – here’s the county guidance on COVID as related to community pool operations.
“As of May 28, 2021, Executive Order 79 is in effect which terminates Seventh Amended Number Seventy-Two removing all previous restrictions. However, all unvaccinated individuals in the Commonwealth aged five and older should cover their mouth and nose with a mask in accordance with Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidance.”
With that stated, we would like to share information regarding the pool operations as of Opening Day:
1. Entrance Procedures. Entry (and exit) will once again be through the bathrooms in the pool house, rather than the front gate. Please do not enter through the guards’ office. While we will no longer be limiting the number of residents who can use the pool due to social distancing, we will once again be using Sign Up Genius to track entry into the pool. Each person will need to sign in individually. We will no longer be using paper forms for the Agreement to Assume Risk and Release (known as the Waiver) for Pool Use and the Pool User Acknowledgement. By signing in and entering the pool deck, all attendees in your reservation agree to and accept the 2021 Waiver for Pool Use and agree to abide by the requirements of the 2021 Pool User Acknowledgement, as attached to the signup and via posted signage. For children under 16 years of age, the signing adult is considered to have accepted the Waiver and User Acknowledgement on behalf of the child.
You will be able to sign up either the day before or the day of your visit. There will be a tablet available for you to sign up at the pool if you forget to do so at home. If you plan to attend frequently, we recommend you create a Sign Up Genius account and save your contact information. The link to the Sign Up is below:
2. Pool Furniture. Pool furniture has been placed on the deck for use. It will not be cleaned between uses. It is your responsibility to clean the furniture before use if you so desire. In addition, please do not use furniture marked with yellow caution tape – it has been identified for removal or needs repair.
3. Pool toys and Flotation Devices. We are not currently providing pool toys or flotation devices with the exception of the two pool basketballs. Please bring your own if you so desire and take them with you when you depart or they will be removed and discarded.
4. Guest Passes. We are starting to distribute guest passes and anticipate that we will allow guests at some point this summer. For now, we request only residents use the pool. A future announcement will be made when guests are permitted.
5. Pool Pass and Guest Pass Distribution. If you have not picked up your pool passes or guest passes, they will be available to pick up at the pool on Monday, May 31, from 11:00 to 11:30. We are still working through the backlog of late pool pass applications and change requests – if you entered an email address on your pool pass application, you will receive an email prior to the Monday distribution window letting you know that the passes will be available.
6. Social Events. Currently most of the social events for the summer, such as National Night Out and Sundaes on Sunday, are still on hold. National Night Out is planned to go via the County but we have no volunteer to organize the event – if you’d like to volunteer please email your interest to us. An announcement will be made if we are able to reinstate them. Regarding our traditional Fourth of July Party, due to the long lead times in planning required, the Board does not anticipate that it will go forward this year. An alternate plan for some kind of Labor Day / Pool Closing Social is under consideration. We need volunteers to make this happen! A volunteer Sign Up Genius will be published shortly; in the meantime, if you are interested in volunteering please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. A decision will be made at the June Board of Directors Meeting based on the level of interest and willingness to volunteer that is expressed.
7. Grill Use. Use of the grill is not currently available, though we anticipate it will be available soon. When it becomes available, an announcement will be made, and a reservation tab added to the Sign Up Genius.
8. Private Parties. Reservation of space for private parties is not currently available. If it becomes available, an announcement will be made, and a reservation tab added to the Sign Up Genius.
Alright – lots of information. The website will be updated with the SignUpGenius link shortly.
My thanks to the volunteers who helped get the myriad details accomplished that were critical to get us to an opening day in light of the rapid changes in policy over the last few weeks. Look forward to seeing you at the pool in the near future….