Good evening to each of you. please find the latest information below.
Direct Pool Sign-In Link:
- BASKETBALL COURT RESURFACING PROJECT. Start date still undetermined as some recent complications have arisen. More information to follow.
- POOL OPERATING HOUR CHANGE. Effective August 23rd, our pool will be open from 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM on all Fairfax County public school days. The pool will operate at normal hours on non school days from August 23rd through Labor Day. The weekend after Labor Day is still planned to occur but is not guaranteed at this moment.
- LIFEGUARD CERTIFICATION CLASS; TUESDAY (TOMORROW); August 17, 2021; 3:30 PM to 8:00 PM. In support of Atlantic’s efforts to hire additional staff to support the remainder of the season, another lifeguard certification will occur tomorrow. There will not be many attendees at this certification course but please be aware if you patronize the pool during that period of time that parts of the pool and pool deck will be reserved for the certification course.
- TUESDAY’s TALES, EACH TUESDAY, 10:00 AM, Lending Library Patio. Tuesday’s Tales is in full swing! All children are welcome, the books are oriented toward pre-K through 2nd graders. There will be a story read by one of your KPW neighbors, followed by a fun activity! Please bring a blanket or beach towel to sit on so that we can practice social distancing. All children should wear a mask. See the website or the notice at the pool house for further information.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING; TOMORROW; August 17, 2021; 7:00 PM; Virtual. The August board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2021), then the meeting (20210817). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting
- LABOR DAY SOCIAL; SATURDAY; September 4, 2021; Setup at 4:00 PM. Social starts at 5:00 PM. The Labor Day social is on! We’ll have boxed meals from Red Hot & Blue for you this year – think of this as our substitute for the Fourth of July social we normally have. Further information will be coming out but some of the points I’m aware include:
- – we’ll have the 5-gallon containers with drinks. Please consider bringing a reusable cup with you.
- – we’ll have boxes of different combinations, please only take a filled closed box.
- – we plan to have cake. That cake will be served by certain individuals on plates for you to pick up.
- – The boxes come with their own utensils. Please use the same utensils for your cake.
- – we are not renting additional furniture for this event. If we get a large turnout you may want to consider bringing your own chairs or just sitting on the concrete.
- Lastly, we could still some additional help to work the event. A sign-up is available for you to volunteer https://www.signupgenius.com/tabs/13576DF05A6CDEAC1AA3-pwcaday. It is also linked from the pool sign-in framework or you can just contact the POCs. The Pool and Social Committees are jointly leading this effort, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. The rain date for this event will be Sunday, September 5th if necessary.
- AUGUST 2021 NEWSLETTER. Will be available in the near future. As with the previous issues over the past year, this edition will be digital-only available from the website. If you need a hard-copy please contact email@example.com.
- TRASH AND RECYCLING. We included the current synopsized trash and recycling rules in the August newsletter. With the turnover to new tenants and owners, if everyone could review the rules we would greatly appreciate it. We are starting to have items placed out that require advance notice to Patriot. Some of these items carry a charge for disposal. If you have items to dispose of please be considerate to your neighbors and to the community and take the responsibility to get rid of such items correctly.
Thank you for reading this, enjoy your evening.