Good afternoon. Please find listed below several updates for you.
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
UPDATED INFORMATION ITEMS:
1. CONCRETE WORK, TUESDAY-FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6-9, 2020. Concrete work around the community will start on Tuesday, October 6, 2020 and is anticipated to complete by Friday, October 9, 2020. Specific assigned parking spaces and effected residences will receive notices on their doors this weekend regarding the work. Any spaces (assigned, visitor, or curb) required for the project will be designated by markers and tape. Please vacate those spaces for the entirety of the week (from 7:00AM to 6:00PM) or your vehicle will be relocated within the community at your cost. Once work is complete another email announcement will occur and the markers/tape will be removed from the specific spaces.
2. SEAL COAT PROJECT. Due to the lateness of the season and pandemic-related complications we are delaying the seal coat and basketball court resurfacing until 2021.
3. BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, OCTOBER 20th, 7:00PM. The October board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2020), then the meeting (20201020). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
4. ANNUAL MEETING, TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 17,2020, 8:00PM. Due to the challenges in securing interior meeting locations the 2020 Annual Meeting of the Members of the Association will occur in the Pool Parking Lot. This is intended to be a short meeting due to the environmental considerations. There will be no food or beverages served, there are no restroom facilities available, and if you need a chair please bring your own. The Annual Meeting Notice, Agenda, Proxy Form and Call for Candidates will be distributed in the near future. Please consider submitting your name for a Director position – fresh insight and enthusiasm is welcomed on the board.
5. VEHICLES ON COMMON GROUND. There have been several instances of contractors driving vehicles across common ground to get close to their work areas. As a reminder, any vehicular traffic off the drive lanes and parking bays requires prior approval. For those residences bordering the pipeline easement, approval from Colonial Pipeline MUST also occur prior to vehicle movement. Owners will be held responsible for the cost to remediate any damage caused to common areas. Please refer to the Community Rules Section 3.3 for information.
6. CHILI COOKOOF AND ASSOCIATED EVENTS CANCELED. The events usually scheduled for the end of October are canceled for 2020.
7. ACC. All rules remain in effect. Out-of-cycle ACC violation processes are ongoing. The Spring 2020 Home Inspection has been canceled.
8. COMMUNICATIONS. The August 2020 newsletter is digital-only due to the COVID-19 impacts – if you need a hard copy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. ECC. All rules remain in effect.
9.1. BULK WASTE PICKUP. Advanced notice is required for any bulk item pickup. Fees will be increased slightly to cover the additional handling costs due to COVID-19. Bulk items include furniture, mattresses, appliances, grills, exercise equipment, construction debris,
or any other large item that would normally be collected with a rear-load trash truck.
9.2. GLASS RECYCLING (PURPLE CONTAINERS). Glass recycling has resumed and the purple recycling containers are throughout Fairfax County.
9.3. RECYCLING AND TRASH. Should you see someone placing trash or recycling out at an unauthorized time, feel free to take their picture (to include the residence they are coming from/returning to) and email the pictures to email@example.com.
9.4. YARD DEBRIS PICKUP. Yard Debris is picked up on TUESDAY and FRIDAY in a specific yard debris truck. All yard waste requirements and constraints are in effect as normal. See the Community Rules Section 3.7 for information.
9.5. TOT LOT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the playground was opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
9.6. BASKETBALL COURT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the basketball court was opened effective 17 June 2020. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Users must stay ten (10) feet apart.
9.7. LENDING LIBRARY PATIO. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the patio itself was opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
9.8. LENDING LIBRARY (CLOSED). In accordance with Phase 3 of the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the Library remains CLOSED due to the restrictions on shared equipment.
9.9. COMMON AREAS. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the common areas were opened effective 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
10. PARKING. All rules remain in effect. The Resident Owner and Non-Resident Owner Parking Permit (Hangtag) Renewals for 2020 are canceled. 2021 distribution remains planned for April 2021.
11. SOCIAL. We continue to assess viability of future events based on pandemic guidance issued through the state and county.
12. COMMUNITY SUPPORT REQUEST. This request remains active – thank you to those who have responded so far.
Stay safe and well,