Good evening. Please find listed below several updates for you.
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
UPDATED INFORMATION ITEMS:
- CONCRETE WORK, MONDAY-FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5-9, 2020. Concrete work around the community will start on Monday, October 5, 2020 and is anticipated to complete by Friday, October 9, 2020. Specific assigned parking spaces and effected residences will receive notices on their doors regarding the work. Any spaces (assigned, visitor, or curb) required for the project will be designated by markers and tape. Please vacate those spaces for the entirety of the week (from 7:00AM to 5:00PM) or your vehicle will be relocated within the community at your cost. Once work is complete you will receive another notice and the markers/tape will be removed from the specific spaces.
- SEAL COAT PROJECT. Due to the lateness of the season and pandemic-related complications we are delaying the seal coat and basketball court resurfacing until 2021.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, SEPTEMBER 15, 7:00PM. The September board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2020), then the meeting (20200915). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
- TRASH AND SPECIAL ITEM PICKUP. We are experiencing an increase in issues with residences discarding special items or placing trash/recycling/yard debris out in incorrect locations or on incorrect days. Please see the website for information on how to work the disposal of items in the community. For those seeing this on our website links on each of those words will take you to the pertinent information.
- POOL. The pool season ended on Labor Day, Monday, September 7, 2020. Thanks to all who helped get this season up and running and to those who participated during the season. We are currently working to fix a long-standing water leak from the Wading Pool and expect to have that sorted out during the off-season.
- ACC: All rules remain in effect. Out-of-cycle ACC violation processes are ongoing. The Spring 2020 Home Inspection has been canceled.
- COMMUNICATIONS: The August 2020 newsletter is digital-only due to the COVID-19 impacts – if you need a hard copy please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ECC: All rules remain in effect.
8.1. BULK WASTE PICKUP. Advanced notice is required for any bulk item pickup. Fees will be increased slightly to cover the additional handling costs due to COVID-19. Bulk items include furniture, mattresses, appliances, grills, exercise equipment, construction debris, or any other large item that would normally be collected with a rear-load trash truck.
8.2. GLASS RECYCLING (PURPLE CONTAINERS): Glass recycling has resumed and the purple recycling containers are throughout Fairfax County.
8.3. RECYCLING AND TRASH. Should you see someone placing trash or recycling out at an unauthorized time, feel free to take their picture (to include the residence they are coming from/returning to) and email the pictures to email@example.com.
8.4. YARD DEBRIS PICKUP. Yard Debris is picked up on TUESDAY and FRIDAY in a specific yard debris truck. All yard waste requirements and constraints are in effect as normal. Some reminders: #1 – our window opens at 6:00AM and we are occasionally the first pickup community. #2 – our contractor WILL NOT pick up yard waste in plastic bags (Fairfax County requirement), please place yard debris in paper bags or containers labeled ‘YARD WASTE’.
8.5. TOT LOT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the playground has been opened as of 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
8.6. BASKETBALL COURT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the basketball court has been opened as of 17 June 2020. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Users must stay ten (10) feet apart.
8.7. LENDING LIBRARY PATIO. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the patio itself has been opened as of 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
8.8. LENDING LIBRARY (CLOSED). In accordance with Phase 3 of the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the Library remains CLOSED due to the restrictions on shared equipment.
8.9. COMMON AREAS. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the common areas have been opened as of 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
- PARKING: All rules remain in effect. The Resident Owner and Non-Resident Owner Parking Permit (Hangtag) Renewals remain postponed until further notice.
- SOCIAL: We continue to assess viability of future events based on pandemic guidance issued through the state and county.
- COMMUNITY SUPPORT REQUEST. This request remains active – thank you to those who have responded so far.
Stay safe and well,