Good afternoon. Please find listed below a few updates for you today.
CDC guidance: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Johns Hopkins GLobal COVID-19 Map and Coronavirus Resources: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
State-wide analysis and guidance: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus/
County-specific guidance: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/
County Emergency Preparedness: https://fairfaxcountyemergency.wpcomstaging.com/category/coronavirus-covid-19/
UPDATED INFORMATION ITEMS:
- NEWSLETTER, AUGUST 2020 EDITION. The newsletter has been published to our website. This edition is digital-only once again due to pandemic social distancing guidelines. If you would like a hard copy of the edition, please contact communications@parkwestcommunity,org for assistance.
- POOL. As we enter our second week of operations, I’d like to thank those who are enjoying the pool this season. I’ve received several comments from our guards as to your courteousness and willingness to follow our additional/revised pool rules under these environmental conditions. If you need, please see the newsletter and associated documents for all the details on our pool operations for the season.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING, AUGUST 18, 7:00PM. The August board meeting will be conducted via the RingCentral virtual meeting framework. See the website under ‘Meetings’, select the year (2020), then the meeting (20200818). Document #01-1 contains the information to join the meeting.
- SEAL COAT PROJECT AND ASSOCIATED CONCRETE WORK. Please see the newsletter for information on the upcoming project, what to expect during the project, and information should you desire to have some private concrete work performed in conjunction with the Association’s overall project.
- ACC: All rules remain in effect. Out-of-cycle ACC violation processes are ongoing. The Spring 2020 Home Inspection has been canceled.
- COMMUNICATIONS: The August 2020 newsletter is digital-only due to the COVID-19 impacts – if you need a hard copy please contact email@example.com.
- ECC: All rules remain in effect.
7.1. BULK WASTE PICKUP. Advanced notice is required for any bulk item pickup. Fees will be increased slightly to cover the additional handling costs due to COVID-19. Bulk items include furniture, mattresses, grills, exercise equipment, construction debris, or any other large item that would normally be collected with a rear-load trash truck.
7.2. GLASS RECYCLING (PURPLE CONTAINERS): Glass recycling has resumed and the purple recycling containers are throughout Fairfax County.
7.3. RECYCLING AND TRASH. Should you see someone placing trash or recycling out at an unauthorized time, feel free to take their picture (to include the residence they are coming from/returning to) and email the pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.4. YARD DEBRIS PICKUP. Yard Debris is picked up on TUESDAY and FRIDAY in a specific yard debris truck. All yard waste requirements and constraints are in effect as normal. Some reminders: #1 – our window opens at 6:00AM and we are occasionally the first pickup community. #2 – our contractor WILL NOT pick up yard waste in plastic bags (Fairfax COunty requirement), please place yard debris in paper bags or containers labeled ‘YARD WASTE’.
7.5. TOT LOT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the playground has been opened as of 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
7.6. BASKETBALL COURT. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the basketball court has been opened as of 17 June 2020. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Users must stay ten (10) feet apart. The basketball court will be coated during the seal coat project and therefore will be unavailable for three-to-five days later this season.
7.7. LENDING LIBRARY PATIO. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the patio itself has been opened as of 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
7.8. LENDING LIBRARY (CLOSED). In accordance with Phase 3 of the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the Library remains CLOSED due to the restrictions on shared equipment.
7.9. COMMON AREAS. In accordance with the Forward Virginia Blueprint and resulting Fairfax County guidance, the common areas have been opened as of 17 June 2020. There is no special cleaning on any surface – USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Adhere to social distancing requirements.
- PARKING: All rules remain in effect. The Resident Owner and Non-Resident Owner Parking Permit (Hangtag) Renewals remain postponed until further notice.
- SOCIAL: We continue to assess viability of future events based on pandemic guidance issued through the state and county.
- COMMUNITY SUPPORT REQUEST. This request remains active – thank you to those who have responded so far.
Stay safe and well,